Battery Failure - Will AA Replace?

GRM2004

It's HERE!!!!!!
T6 Pro
Came home after a 50 mile run this evening (van not me, I'd be dead at 1 mile), parked up on the drive, popped in the house, came out 2 minutes later, engine tried to turn over and then died. Battery flat. Briefly saw a 12v battery too low, turning off audio message.

We have only had the van a week - 19 plate T28 T6, brand new campervan conversion on 7600 mile T6. Has been showing van battery charging but obviously isn't.

Reading around it seems it is a fairly common issue. Called VW Assist and AA are coming out in the morning. My question is, will AA replace battery? We are primary carers for partners parents and need the van. Can't lose it and no other transport.

If AA are willing to replace it will cost you.
You van must still be under warranty, so get the dealer to do it. It should be free.

When my battery died prematurely I went to my local battery place and brought the best/biggest that they could fit. I need my van too and can’t be arsed with flat batteries and the van sat around waiting for VW assist or the local dealer.

When my battery died prematurely I went to my local battery place and brought the best/biggest that they could fit. I need my van too and can’t be arsed with flat batteries and the van sat around waiting for VW assist or the local dealer.
I am really hoping the people we bought the van off sort it quickly.

AA came out and started from flat battery. Battery is a Varta. Ran diagnostics - charging ok and 'battery condition 'good'. No parasitic drain, so at least it isn't the conversion draining it. Couldn't explain why it was draining after an hour run, told me to take it for a run for an hour to fully charge and if it happened again to call VW Assist again.

Not exactly filled with confidence that it isn't going to let us down again.

Back