Awning

It really depends on your requirements - there is an ever growing range available and what will suit one may not suit you.

It really depends on your requirements - there is an ever growing range available and what will suit one may not suit you.
I go to Europe a lot and would like to have to pack up if I was going out for the day. I would use it to sleep in the summer.

I go to Europe a lot and would like to have to pack up if I was going out for the day. I would use it to sleep in the summer.
How many of you are there? If you are sleeping in it I'd go for something with a sewn in groundsheet to help keep it drier, less draughty and warmer and also something big enough to take a bedroom (or 2 if there is more of you). The Vango inflatable range is my preference (I have a Kella III and a Air Hub Hex) but there are other equally good ones from the likes of Outdoor Revolution, etc.. If you are not bothered getting the most up to date models then have a look to see if you can find some old stock somewhere - great bargains to be had. Finally (for now) make sure you get one designed for a T6 size van - some of them have multiple variants, e.g. tall, standard, low, to suit different size vehicles - the "low" or similar are generally the ones you need to look at.

I have this set up and can highly recommend it. I also have the Vango airbeam Kella and of the two it’s always the Khyam which gets put into the camper
Interesting, our friends have the smaller tailgate version of the Kyham for their pod caravan, it works but they don't like it and, after only a year, are looking for something to replace it with. Each to their own I guess. If anyone wants a second hand tailgate awning I know where there is one going lol :)

Interesting, our friends have the smaller tailgate version of the Kyham for their pod caravan, it works but they don't like it and, after only a year, are looking for something to replace it with. Each to their own I guess. If anyone wants a second hand tailgate awning I know where there is one going lol :)
We found that on some sites they wouldn’t let us use the Vango as it has a built in non breathable groundsheet and you know what some site wardens are like about breathable groundsheets
On a lighter note we have a LWB and the Khyam is bigger and fits better, the sliding door on the Vango can catch the side when open if your not careful. Lastly the main door on the Khyam is in the windscreen direction which we feel gives us more privacy as the Vango’s is opposite the sliding door so you are staring at your neighbours.
All very subjective, as you say, but we do like them both but for different reasons.

How many of you are there? If you are sleeping in it I'd go for something with a sewn in groundsheet to help keep it drier, less draughty and warmer and also something big enough to take a bedroom (or 2 if there is more of you). The Vango inflatable range is my preference (I have a Kella III and a Air Hub Hex) but there are other equally good ones from the likes of Outdoor Revolution, etc.. If you are not bothered getting the most up to date models then have a look to see if you can find some old stock somewhere - great bargains to be had. Finally (for now) make sure you get one designed for a T6 size van - some of them have multiple variants, e.g. tall, standard, low, to suit different size vehicles - the "low" or similar are generally the ones you need to look at.
I’ll have a look at the ones you mentioned, thanks

We found that on some sites they wouldn’t let us use the Vango as it has a built in non breathable groundsheet and you know what some site wardens are like about breathable groundsheets
On a lighter note we have a LWB and the Khyam is bigger and fits better, the sliding door on the Vango can catch the side when open if your not careful. Lastly the main door on the Khyam is in the windscreen direction which we feel gives us more privacy as the Vango’s is opposite the sliding door so you are staring at your neighbours.
All very subjective, as you say, but we do like them both but for different reasons.

That’s great information thanks a million

Back