Awning rail or Awning wind out

Lotuscamper

H&S Manager
T6 Pro
Hi
I am in midst of my search and TBH it’s proving to be so frustrating but I know I need to be patient !
I am looking at van which has an awning railing is this easy to later attach a drive away awning unit or would a wind awning be more useful ? I guess it’s not a deal breaker but I heard a comment that wind out awning can be problematic and be distractingly noisy on the motorway ?

Thanks in advance

Search can be really handy, offered this advice a few days ago:

Hi @Lotuscamper we have a Fiamma 45s wind out awning on our T6.1 which we wouldn't be without. For the regular forum meets, 2 night stays here and there, it's all we use. For more than a couple of nights we have our drive away air awning, great when we take our 16 year old and the Labrador.
With regard to noise from the fiamma? Not a bit, we've had a rattle when the legs haven't been clipped into the cover, but no wind whistles or whines even at motorway speeds. Totally recommended!

Best of luck in your quest!20230707_152514.jpg

Swings and roundabouts. Connecting a driveway awning to a wind out is a lot easier compared to an awning rail that you will need to be within mm to reattach. Also depends on the look your going for. Do you want stealth or full on california?

I picked up 2 black awning rails to sit discreetly under the roof rails. I have an awning one side and a debus canopy the other. Only used a short time but worked well for us.

Back