Auto Headlights Sensitivity...?

Can someone please glance their eyes over this. I am bit confused by it. Its very similar what we ate are trying to get, parimiter wise/LUX

Am I reading this right then? The first option "activation when it reaches 500lx" so my interpretation of this would be that ambient light drops below 500lx lights come on. Dull cloudy day would be in the region of 400-500 lux, dullish evening 300ish.

2and option "auto headlights deactivation threshold" in this instance set at 2000lx. Should switch the lights off. If I reduce this lux level, that would mean surely that the lights will go off quicker?

Or am I confusing these two parameters?

That’s how I’d interpret it...

Aha, my interpretation of low is opposite then. I thought that "low" threshold would bring them on when the ambient light would be lower than normal, ie darker.

I think a higher threshold means it needs to be darker for the lights to come on.
On my Tiguan you could select low, medium or high in the vehicle settings via the infotainment screen and I’m sure that I set it to high.

I stopped using the Auto light dipping function soon after I experienced it. During the day I allow it to decide its own fate but at night I turn the switch all the way to manual. I learned years ago to be attentive to being predictive with dipping and then raising immediately to high beam when necessary. I am not impressed with the technology as it is not infallible and does not light up the main beam when I want it too. So I demoted it, to only stand by just in case someone forgets to light up at all. The high low beam stalk switch is exceptionally poor in my opinion also. It is often reluctant to do as I tell it when going on to main beam. I more than occasionally, have to force it on to main beam. I wonder if that is a deliberate degradation, employed to force people to using the automated dip / main beam function and that in future drivers will have no choice perhaps?:devil:

Yes, it is. I got a beta version somehow, didn't even applied. Last year I was beta tester tho on a different vehicle, so this time I used Carista on my new van for the first time and beta version appeared.

My van is T6.1 Highline with automatic lights and I get that option, however on my 2008 Mk5 Golf also with automatic lights I don't have that option tho.

No idea to be honest. I had Carista module anyway and only used it on my previous Skoda which has been replaced by the van. Used it last year to tweak some settings on the Fabia and not used since (they did give me beta version that time as well after I contacted them regarding some settings, beta lasted for one month, and then reverted back to paid version). This time I plugged the module in my new van and it required me to send a new vehicle report and all beta tweaks are here, don't know for how long tho. I managed to tweak folding mirrors on lock (single click, no need to hold lock button like if you are closing the windows), also it gives an option of Skandinavian DRLs ( rear lights and dash lights on with front DRLs). Gave me a reading of DPF status and option to initiate DPF regeneration if required (didn't used it), reading showed DPF status 29% and the same day van did its own DPF regeneration on the way home and I took a reading out of interest and it was 8%. I remember when I had first time beta, I emailed Carista, and I also know some other members of Skoda forum also got given beta for a month after they emailed Carista support. Worth a try and test some tweaks and provide feedback to them.

I also have LED headlights. They only come in auto mode when it’s getting dark.

If I double tap the main beam switch it activates the auto off for the main beam. It’s interesting how house or street lights don’t affect it but soon as I come across oncoming traffic I auto dips.

Back