Anyone running 235/65/17 on lowered suspension?

Davidh

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Looking for advice from anyone that has lowered on the above set up. Dropped than van off at the garage this morning to have st coilovers fitted. Won't be going really low, only about 40mm as the tyres fill a lot of the gap as it is. Mechanic was saying though it does look like it will rub on the rear arch liner at the rear. I've seen a few vans with this setup from vwt5upgrades and @BognorMotors and wondered if they have had to modify the arch liner slightly to run it?

You will be fine. Loads of room at the back - no modification requires. And you can even run a spacer there. Looking forwardto the pics :cool:
Thanks for the reply! Gives me some confidence hearing that. Will get some pics up when its done.

Morning all

I’ve just got a set of 17inch black rhino warlords wearing 235/65/17 for my T6 California and I love them! But….. they have taken me over 2m high. As most of our extreme overland expeditions involve going to the local country park for a cup of tea, I’d really like to get back under the 2m. Is anyone running the same size wheels/tyres on lowered suspension? I only want to go down 30mm so was thinking about the Vw lowered springs. Any thoughts appreciated.

Or maybe it would be cheaper to bite the bullet and replace the tyres with 235/55/17? Willtheyfit recons that would drop me back down 24mm….

Around a 35-40mm drop on a decent set of coilovers will work perfectly, not only improving the looks, also getting you under the 2m height, but level the van out and improve the drive and handling 100%.

Our entry level coilover and most popular option, tried and tested is the STX which is made by KW

You can also run a 15mm spacer on the rear to fill the rear arch which is a great look.

I would stay away from the VW springs or any. Spend a bit more on a decent coilover setup, you will be blown away by the results.

Around a 35-40mm drop on a decent set of coilovers will work perfectly, not only improving the looks, also getting you under the 2m height, but level the van out and improve the drive and handling 100%.

Our entry level coilover and most popular option, tried and tested is the STX which is made by KW

You can also run a 15mm spacer on the rear to fill the rear arch which is a great look.

I would stay away from the VW springs or any. Spend a bit more on a decent coilover setup, you will be blown away by the results.
You've got me thinking about that 15mm spacer now. Always thought there was something more it needed

It really improves it no end looks wise. This is with a standard door card. And obviously dependant on wheel offset.

Back