Anyone put a pop top on a Kombi

Sean O Leary

T6 Guru
Hi All,
I will be collect a new T6 highline DSG panel van and calling too Colin at Oxford T5 for seats and windows install in a few weeks. I am considering getting a pop top roof maybe SCA or Riemo while over there. I have ordered a twin slider as I want to make into a Kombi/camper and I ma wondering if anyone has fitted a pop top to a twin slider. For me it would suit my needs perfect as I will use the van as a day to day vehicle and when away with family or biking I will attach our Vango Shapera tent when the kids can sleep and myself and my wife in the pop top bed. For me this is as much of a camper van of this size that I would want because in my last T5 camper I never cooked in it because of the smell and grease afterwards and I wont be putting a toilet in there either. I will install a Motexiom bulk head and 2+1 kombi seat arrangement which can easily be removed if I want and maybe install those slide pod removable chest of drawers/presses behind the bulkhead. This will keep all bikes and travel equipment in the rear behind bulkhead. I am also have the factory second battery installed for 230V power inverter and 5V USB power points. Twin sliding windows in doors.
So my question is has anyone done a conversion like this type before, and would converting a Kombi twin slider be hard to sell afterwards?
Has anyone fitted a pop top with a bulkhead then fitted in it usual position in the LWB van, will it work or be caught for height?
Thanks for reading and I would appreciate any advice and possible pictures.
Regards
Sean

Both Reimo & SMC are good makes, I would go for a side lift rather than a front, lot more space

Thanks for responses, the side elevation looks very well and purposeful but I want to keep the bulkhead behind the Kombi seats so I would have to go for the front lift and hop up there by standing on the from seats! Does anybody do on e where both ends raise up or would that cause stability issues
Thanks again
Regards
Sean

Hi All,
I will be collect a new T6 highline DSG panel van and calling too Colin at Oxford T5 for seats and windows install in a few weeks. I am considering getting a pop top roof maybe SCA or Riemo while over there. I have ordered a twin slider as I want to make into a Kombi/camper and I ma wondering if anyone has fitted a pop top to a twin slider. For me it would suit my needs perfect as I will use the van as a day to day vehicle and when away with family or biking I will attach our Vango Shapera tent when the kids can sleep and myself and my wife in the pop top bed. For me this is as much of a camper van of this size that I would want because in my last T5 camper I never cooked in it because of the smell and grease afterwards and I wont be putting a toilet in there either. I will install a Motexiom bulk head and 2+1 kombi seat arrangement which can easily be removed if I want and maybe install those slide pod removable chest of drawers/presses behind the bulkhead. This will keep all bikes and travel equipment in the rear behind bulkhead. I am also have the factory second battery installed for 230V power inverter and 5V USB power points. Twin sliding windows in doors.
So my question is has anyone done a conversion like this type before, and would converting a Kombi twin slider be hard to sell afterwards?
Has anyone fitted a pop top with a bulkhead then fitted in it usual position in the LWB van, will it work or be caught for height?
Thanks for reading and I would appreciate any advice and possible pictures.
Regards
Sean
Hi Sean. Did you do this? I’m thinking about doing exactly the same. Tom

Just had my roof fitted this week by Kombi Campers in Accrington,I have been pondering for years to do it or not.
I must say I can not praise them enough,2 of my mates had them fitted by them and I am glad I went on recommendation as am very pleased with the result.
It makes such a difference,was originally looking at SCA or Riemo but this is a good roof and like that it is a 2 piece roof as the front defused stops the roof lifting.
Roof solar panel and roof bars + colour coding £3350 all in ,not a bad price.

IMG_2291.jpeg

We have seating on both sides of the van that makes a full width bed with fridge ,job and sink and 600 cupboard plus pull out unit on the drivers side we have a double seat in the front and have left the seat anchors on for the single rear seat.
Can put it in when we need 4 seats.
Putting a Fiamma F45s on the near side did have a aF40 van but have sold this and got the F45

Works ok for us

Back