Anyone out there used Denson automotive?

VdubVirgin

VIP Member
As the title I guess.... came across these guys on Facebook and seem to do some lovely looking vans and seem to have positive feedback from their customers.

Yeah I bought a van from them. Would not advise. The base van was an absolute dog. Had to spend thousands fixing the engine after it had been back to Denson for "fixing" . The air con won't hold gas and part of the exhaust system has been cut out. Also the paint job was abysmal. Rust started coming through within months and parts have peeled for no reason. They fitted a tow bar with electrics. Electrics don't work and the tow bar drops under load. The drawer fell apart (hadn't been screwed together properly) and the roller cabinet got stuck as it was cut badly and needed work to sort.
When the van went wrong initially (started leaking oil after getting home on the first day) I called Linden to get it fixed. He told me I would need to get it back to them. I told him that unfortunately that was actually down to him according to the law. He relented and eventually got it collected then told me I had to pay to get it back. I refused as per the law and he said he would get it back but then do absolutely nothing more with it. They have still not sent me the paperwork for the van (service history etc) and now just ignore my requests. Really bad service and wish id never bought from them.

Just sent my van in for an mot and it's even worse than I first thought. Numerous problems but the headlines are: the Egr has been cut out including all mounts and tubes. The tow bar I paid for doesn't fit the van so they just used 3 bolts instead of 4 and let it fall down. Absolute shambles

Just sent my van in for an mot and it's even worse than I first thought. Numerous problems but the headlines are: the Egr has been cut out including all mounts and tubes. The tow bar I paid for doesn't fit the van so they just used 3 bolts instead of 4 and let it fall down. Absolute shamble
Looks like i need to update my last comment and delete the "sounds like" part

Wow, trading standards might be interested, especially with the emissions device being removed?

As the title I guess.... came across these guys on Facebook and seem to do some lovely looking vans and seem to have positive feedback from their customers.
Avoid! Paintwork is absolute garbage and flakes off. Pointless returning it as they re-do the job and it flakes off again. The owner of the business isn't nice to deal with.

It's a shame the OP didn't have the courtesy to acknowledge the very valuable feedback they were provided with. :rolleyes:
To be fair to them, they didn't get a reply for 7 months.

But in general I agree, acknowledgement of advice and assistance received is one of the reasons this forum work so well.

To be fair to them, they didn't get a reply for 7 months.

But in general I agree, acknowledgement of advice and assistance received is one of the reasons this forum work so well.
Fair comment @CAB... as always. :thumbsup:

Reactions: CAB
Back