Anyone in the East Midlands

Hi all,

Anyone know of a meet up of pub visit in the East Midlands area?

Ta
Which part of the east midlands ..are you from ...loads on the Derbyshire and Staffs area to go to ...Issac Walton at dove dale is a gooden camp site ten minutes walk away

Which part of the east midlands ..are you from ...loads on the Derbyshire and Staffs area to go to ...Issac Walton at dove dale is a gooden camp site ten minutes walk away
Love the Izaak Walton and that whole area - which campsite are you referring to (I didn’t know there was one near that end of Dovedale suitable for vans)?

Love the Izaak Walton and that whole area - which campsite are you referring to (I didn’t know there was one near that end of Dovedale suitable for vans)?
There is one just as you come down the hill as you approach Dovedale at the bottom of the hill coming from the Thorpe side .
You cross a cattle grid with a farm on the left and a house on the right ....and it's the guy that lives at the house you see once you enter the field which is on the right juust before the hump back bridge .

It's right next to the river dove you, you are in Staffordshire once over the bridge .
And to walk to the Izaak Walton only takes about 5 mins ...usually a good selection of booze .
The campsite itself is non hookup basic toilets ,but it's situate makes up for it . Quite often a few splits and bays there .

The pub at Thorpe is a walk back up a couple of hills and that's called The Old Dog ...very popular and very good booze selection ,dog friendly and will prob take about half an hour to walk to . They would probably let you stop in the car park as it is large ...but i would only do that off season .

Oh i forgot it is very cheap but can't remember how cheap. Cheers :)

@bramble - thanks!! I think I know exactly where you mean - I have seen a few tents in that field before but it looked more like wild camping, i.e. I didn't realise there were toilets available (I know there are some on the main Dovedale car park but they get locked overnight)? Have you seen any vans on there before? I know the pub at Thorpe but never got beyond the Izzac Walton's bar of an evening. We must give the Izzak Walton another try - last time we stayed was 3 years ago just after the new owners took it over so long overdue!!

@bramble - thanks!! I think I know exactly where you mean - I have seen a few tents in that field before but it looked more like wild camping, i.e. I didn't realise there were toilets available (I know there are some on the main Dovedale car park but they get locked overnight)? Have you seen any vans on there before? I know the pub at Thorpe but never got beyond the Izzac Walton's bar of an evening. We must give the Izzak Walton another try - last time we stayed was 3 years ago just after the new owners took it over so long overdue!!
You could call it wild , but like i said the toilet or toilets are basic but work ...yep loads of vans go on there ..mixed with campers .
I only live about 3 miles away, we stopped overnight there in my bay window camper ..but all sorts turn up as it is a very nice spot .

You could call it wild , but like i said the toilet or toilets are basic but work ...yep loads of vans go on there ..mixed with campers .
I only live about 3 miles away, we stopped overnight there in my bay window camper ..but all sorts turn up as it is a very nice spot .
Lucky you living so close/in the Peak District - we have friends in Wetton - lovely location. Will have to investigate the campsite soon!

Anyway, back to @Tinman1UK question - yep, we would be interested in a meet somewhere in the East Midlands (especially if an overnight is possible) and Peak District would work for us (just not travelling on a Friday afternoon - took us 3.5 hours to get to Ashbourne from home just 60 miles away last time we tried).

Thanks all for replying. Always interesting to learn of new sites nearby. I can picture the car park with the toilets I'm guessing the site is close.

@bramble I'm over in Duffield so peak district is close.

Back