Any thoughts on this awning?

T6Chris

Web/graphic designer
T6 Pro
Hi All,

Just spotted this on IndieGoGo and wondered what you reckon on it? I think my only gripe would be the lack of sides to where it joins the van.

Not sure how it compares price wise to existing awnings as I've never looked at them until now!

sheltaPod on Indiegogo

Personally I think it's crap, much too small. Your better off with a good old motordome. I see it's trying to raise money through crowd funding so I don't expect to see it non too soon

I think the key is in the name, it is only a shelter, granted you can sleep in it. If you watch the video the founders idea was to keep as much view as possible hence there being no sides near the van. All that being said it's not for me.

But possibly fair! ;)

I'll add even more stuff to research to my ever growing list!

It's looking like buying a VW van is a bit like owning a motorbike, a never ending quest looking for stuff you can bolt on that makes it go faster, handle better, look better or carry more stuff!

I am currently planning on using a Decathlon Base seconds pop up tent as an awning. It will not be flush with the van but it can be set up in 2 shakes of a badgers thingy.

We had a motordome sleeper which is big enough to have aliving space and sleeping area, admitidly it cost around 600 quid but was worth it. Takes around five min to erect as it's a pop up tent. I don't see the pont in an awning for use as a shelter, if I had wanted one I'd have a fold out awning. It may do well if it gets funding but it has a lot of compitition to overcome

Back