Any bankers on here? no.....serious question..need a little advice...

Bruntonpasty

VIP Member
T6 Pro
As title, I've sold my caddy works van and taken payments from the purchaser via bank transfer. The funds show in my account as available funds but the date next to the payments is tomorrow's date? Are those funds deffo mine? cleared? safe and sound? I'm probs worrying too much but......I don't want to give him receipt for payment or pic of green slip (for him to tax it before collecting) until I know his moolah is mine! (Can't spend it on jewellery for the T6 until I'm sure it's mine....)

Thanks in advance..

As title, I've sold my caddy works van and taken payments from the purchaser via bank transfer. The funds show in my account as available funds but the date next to the payments is tomorrow's date? Are those funds deffo mine? cleared? safe and sound? I'm probs worrying too much but......I don't want to give him receipt for payment or pic of green slip (for him to tax it before collecting) until I know his moolah is mine! (Can't spend it on jewellery for the T6 until I'm sure it's mine....)

Thanks in advance..
Not a banker but....

Payments to another person, business or account with another bank
If you are making a payment after 6.30pm, on a weekend, or a Bank holiday, the payment will normally leave you account immediately, and be available in the recipient bank account within a few hours. The date displayed when making the payment and on your statement will be the next working day.

Outside of these exception times the date displayed will be today, the payment will leave your account immediately, and will be available in the recipient bank within a few hours.

Points to note
  • Payments and transfers that you make after 6.30pm Monday to Friday, at weekends and on Bank Holidays leave your account immediately, but the date on your screen will show as the next banking day
  • Usually, Faster Payments will be received by the payee almost immediately after leaving your account, but can sometimes take up to 2 hours
  • Your money can take more time to show on a credit card account
  • Transactions that are unusual to the normal operation of your account will be sent after we have completed some further investigation to make sure that your payment instruction is genuine
  • You can't recall or cancel a Faster Payment once you have sent it, and you would need to contact the payee and ask them to send the money back to you

i think that means I'm almost solvent again! Lol Sounds like the payment isn't pending or anything......magic! Thanks for that...

Thanks Trevor, I have also done a bit of due diligence on the guy purchasing, even before I gave him my bank details for the deposit payment which I've had since the 26th of june. He is in business, has a webpage, I tied his phone number to the pics of his workvan, checked him out on other trade sites, he does exist.....The payment has come from a business account. It shows in my online Barclays account as if it's cleared funds so.....I'm assuming these were faster payments? which are non-returnable unless I do the returning? No chance of that! T6 jewellery to be purchased!! ;)

Best check with the bank tomorrow - if it was a faster payment transfer it should be cleared by now. If it’s BACS, then technically it can be recalled until it’s transferred from the sponsoring bank. BACS transfers happen once per day first thing in the morning. Hope that helps

Thanks Mateus, I do believe these are faster payments as they are part of the "available balance" shown on my online account.

Back