Another Whats It Worth Thread?

G11hws

T6 Pro
Hello all,

Has anyone recently had a px offer from VW that seems extremely low?

Was looking to sell my march 2017 T30 204 DSG highline kombi with 14000 miles FSH. All the usual highline spec and LED headlights, glazed tailgate, twin electric sliding doors, app connect with 6.33 screen, extra door seals, heated seats and 30mm VW lowering springs.

Immaculate condition bar a small stone chip on bonnet and the best offer so far is £21,000 plus VAT!!!!

Is the market that soft for these at the moment or is that going rate?

Cheers Glenn

Shocking price to be offered. I picked up another t6 ex demo a couple of weeks ago, 2018 highline with pretty much same spec minus the electric sliding doors. Thought i found a bargain @ £28k plus vat.
I know they need a mark up, but i would say you are a good 4k off where it should be.

Yeah it did seem very low and having looked on autotrader there isn’t any 204 dsg below 25k plus vat. They haven’t even got the led lights or electric doors.

I will have to get a membership and stick it on here for a couple weeks and see if any enthusiast want a bargain was hoping to get around the 24k plus vat

Put it this way. If i had saw that van with that spec for 25k i would have had it. All the vans i was looking at didn't have what i was looking for. Not a great consolation i know, but if i was looking then so are many more. The only disadvantage is waiting for someone who has that sort of money ready. Dealerships have the advantage of finance.

I recently sold my MY16 dsg 140 Swb PV with 32k LEDs and the rest etc but I sold it on eBay only cost a tenner to list and sold with in the week. Worth a punt for a tenner mate. All the best with the sale

@gal2009 that is the big disadvantage of selling privately the lack of finance options. Hopefully a few people look on here before going to the main dealer network.
Also your van purchase looks a bargain for the money you paid.

@MrT will have a look at eBay as an option, see if I have the patience to deal with the window shoppers!!!! Out of interest what sort of money did you get for your van?

Cheers Glenn.

@gal2009 that is the big disadvantage of selling privately the lack of finance options. Hopefully a few people look on here before going to the main dealer network.
Also your van purchase looks a bargain for the money you paid.

@MrT will have a look at eBay as an option, see if I have the patience to deal with the window shoppers!!!! Out of interest what sort of money did you get for your van?

Cheers Glenn.
I asked for 24 inc vat and got 23650 so was proper chuffed as I was happy for 21-22. Paid £60 for van trader and got no interested wast of money but was worth a punt.

@MrT that’s a good result, I think I will clear the finance this week and remove the personal plate and get an advert drawn up for here and eBay.

Cheers Glenn

Hi Glenn

What colour is the van you might be selling?
Does it have electric Tailgate.

Thanks Simon

Hello Simon,

No it has not got the electric tailgate option, i don't think it was an option when i ordered in the November.

Due to the terrible trade in offers we had I have swapped the kombi with our work van and am going to sell that instead and use the kombi as our new work van, I think i am the only person doing a Kombi to panel van conversion.

They offered me £15k plus Vat for a 150 DSG Highline panel van with no options and with 40k miles on it!!!

How on earth the well specked kombi with barely any miles and a load of options was only worth an extra 6k is beyond me.

Believe it or not, the best price I had was from webuyanyvan. £1000 more than dealer. I needed a quick sale as I was trading in and couldn't be without a van.

I tried we buy any van and they offered 16.5k plus vat for my Kombi and 9.5k plus vat for the van, so we binned them off!!!

The panel van is going to the body shop for a couple of small marks to be rectified and then it will literally be brand new when I replace a rear light that has a hairline crack, took the ply lining out and the back is like new as is the cab which has always had seat covers.

I think it will sell easier than the Kombi as it is lwb with a tailgate so it’s ready for someone to covert to a camper.

He says hopefully

VW give the worst possible px prices and they like to exploit any opportunity to stuff you. They offered me 12k for a 28k mile 2.4 year old T32 4motion PV that was stuffed with options (offer was made in late 2016 on a june 2014 T5.1). It is immaculate. And that was including VAT. Salesman was trying to get me into a T6 with a similar spec for 38k. I pointed out the difference between 12k and 38k and said that Yugos depreciated at a slower rate. He was too young to know what a Yugo was.

VW give the worst possible px prices and they like to exploit any opportunity to stuff you. They offered me 12k for a 28k mile 2.4 year old T32 4motion PV that was stuffed with options (offer was made in late 2016 on a june 2014 T5.1). It is immaculate. And that was including VAT. Salesman was trying to get me into a T6 with a similar spec for 38k. I pointed out the difference between 12k and 38k and said that Yugos depreciated at a slower rate. He was too young to know what a Yugo was.

You just brought tears to my eyes laughing. I was 18 yrs old and thought a Yugo 55 was the bo***ks. I couldn't get the finance on it. Ended up with a mk1 golf gti. Just think if i had got a Yugo. A slippery slope

Back