always get a receipt.. i got ripped off at a Shell service station

Mud Digger

Retired Engineer
VIP Member
T6 Guru
hi so Friday evening heading out on a over-nighter trip fill up with Fuel grap a large Costa and 4 bottles of drink
i go and pay... so the guy enters fuel , enters 2 bottle, enters the other 2 bottles and then asks me do i want a Receipt NO i say ( Saving a tree ) as he enters the Costa
i see the screen i see there is 3 entries to my Pepsi on the screen and i say so , so he removes it then swipes in 2 bottles again i say you have taken for these already . looking at him with disbelief....

he removes them i pay... i say i will have a reciept please just to make sure looked at it seemed ok i get in the Van tell wife what happened just about to pull away she says he charged me for 2 large Costas i go back in shop theres a big que the guy looks at me over the que knowing im back says is everything ok so i shout he has charged also me for 2 coffees on top of all the bottles of drink and i walked out Value of rip off had i not noticed about £ 8.00 once i have left he does an error transaction and pockets the refunded money how many other people don't notice and dont take a receipt .......

and the card machine asks me do i want to pay to a charity ......... moan and groan over just be careful out there ........

The Shell garage at Welwyn Garden City was doing this for years. Apparently, staff were laundering fake pound coins. It's quite a common criminal activity

Back