Alloys and Load Ratings

Chris24

Hi
Could someone tell me please how many kgs load rating each alloy wheel should be on the on the 6.1 T32 it has been converted to a camper.
Thanks Chris

Hello,

I've been looking through the old threads to try and resolve my query but can't find a definitive answer to calm my nerves - first time van owner so not very sure.

I recently picked up some Toluca alloys with 103 load rated tyres. I have a T30 LWB on standard suspension. So from what I have read on the forum archive these alloys are ok for a T30 with an 1700kg load rating per axle. Sticker in van says 1680 and 1625kg.

The van was converted to a camper by Leisure Drive in Bolton. Should I ask them what the weight of the van is after conversion to make sure the Toluca wheels are still ok or as they are a professional camper build company they would not have exceeded the gross weight of a T30? And if we fill it with heavy stuff when we go away, camping gear, clothes, beer etc the wheels will be ok?

Sorry all, maybe being stupid but don't want to ruin my new van :)

You need to weigh your van fully loaded (including passengers) to check that the weight does not exceed 3000kgs and the axle weights are not exceeded. You also need to find out what the weight rating of the wheels are.

Tyres are okay as that load rating is fine for a T32

You need to weigh your van fully loaded (including passengers) to check that the weight does not exceed 3000kgs and the axle weights are not exceeded. You also need to find out what the weight rating of the wheels are.

Tyres are okay as that load rating is fine for a T32
Thanks @Scottish Scrutineer for the reply. The alloys are 850kg each / 1700kg per axle. So hopefully it weighs less than 3400kg overall it'll be fine? Or we need to get below 3000kg as it's a T30?

Thank you for the help!

Thanks @Scottish Scrutineer for the reply. The alloys are 850kg each / 1700kg per axle. So hopefully it weighs less than 3400kg overall it'll be fine? Or we need to get below 3000kg as it's a T30?

Thank you for the help!
The total mass of the vehicle can’t exceed 3000kg.

Wheels and tyres should be load rated for the individual axle weights of the van, so the 850kg per wheel is plenty for the T30 axle weights.

If close on weight, it’s a good excuse to go and sample some local beers rather than transport them across the country.

Back