airbag warning

revdecal

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I was racing at Cadwell this weekend and even though I did not have anything running or plugged in the battery completely lost its charge.
We jumped the battery but I now have an airbag warning light on my dash? Has anyone else experienced this?
I didn't know if it was simply a warning error code that needs clearing.
Ryan

I unplugged my passenger air bag before and had a warning on the dash ,so i just cleared it with VCDs

I don't know the full ins and outs but was told the other day by a mechanic to be careful when jumping a T6 and many modern vehicle with the donor vehicle running as the extra current can play with the electrics. I was advised that if ever jump starts no my van to have the donor vehicle off when turning the key on the flat one. Is this correct? The theory makes sense .....

I was racing at Cadwell this weekend and even though I did not have anything running or plugged in the battery completely lost its charge.
We jumped the battery but I now have an airbag warning light on my dash? Has anyone else experienced this?
I didn't know if it was simply a warning error code that needs clearing.
Ryan
Highly doubt that its an airbag problem. Should be able to clear it off with VCDS or Carista, it was probably down to the van throwing a wobble over the extra current.

Absolut5 is going to clear the error but it looks like it could be a knackered battery. :( At least Im getting my lining done this week after a long wait

Back