Advice on T6 camper purchase

Aid M

Hi There
I have been looking since last year to buy a fully converted T6 camper any advice as I have noticed the prices vary massively between companies. I am thinking of the two tone as I saw one at the NEC and thought it looked fantastic but have not seen one on the road.

Hire or borrow one, once we can all go out and enjoy ourselves.

You will find out what works and what doesn't for you, we all have different requirements and priorities.

For instance, we borrowed my brothers, standard layout, decided it didn't work for us and I am now sat drinking tea in our van (on the driveway of course) which has a rear kitchen. Works for us, probably not for most.

After that, you need to spend several man-days on t'internet researching, including here.
  • Buy all new?
  • Buy new van, get it converted
  • Buy 2nd hand, ditto
  • Buy used camper (one or two on the forum)
  • Buy new conversion on a 2nd hand van
  • Do it yourself!
Loads of options. Set your budget, start researching, then re-budget! :thumbsup:

Welcome!
First of all, i'm delighted that you are looking into purchasing a T6. My T6 is my first VW, and i love it.
If you are thinking about buying one already converted, then the combinations of setups are endless..
As CAB said above, research what you actually want. And budget for it, as cost can quickly spiral out of control. Spending on a Van can be endless.
Unless you have very deep pockets, try and buy the best base Van you can afford and then later on add whatever takes your fancy.
The guys on here will give you plenty of advice on how to spend your hard earned cash... :)

Back