Advice needed on ODIS-E

stoem

T6 Pro
I'm not sure if anyone can help with this but I'm trying to connect to my 2016 T6 Caravelle via ODIS-S and VAS 6154 dongle.

Everything seems fine in regards to connecting (device test works) and voltage is shown as well as ignition status.
Automatic identification of vehicle fails. If I enter VIN I can proceed but any access to read information on any installed component fails with this or a similar error.

Any advice appreciated. Failing that is there anyone in the Leicester/Market Harborough area with VCDS who could flash the Webasto heater firmware for me (I have the file)?

Thanks.

Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 18.18.03.png

More info..
I assume you have installed your own aux heater and enabled it in the gateway list?

I have the Webasto engine heater which can be turned into a stationary heater with a firmware upgrade (plus a sender, receiver and wiring kit which I have).
Hope that helps.

IMG_4116.jpg

I've just found a help article that states that the VCX Manager software cannot be open at the same time as ODIS. I will test that advice tomorrow.

Can gateway can’t talk to it anymore, does it have power?

I've just found a help article that states that the VCX Manager software cannot be open at the same time as ODIS. I will test that advice tomorrow.
Okay so it’s a communication block.

The VAS device has power and appears connected. Maybe the VCX Manager software is to blame, I think it was open when I used ODIS. I will try it again tomorrow.

More testing, still no joy. VX Manager shows device connected but ODIS keeps complaining that ‘device disconnected’.

I’m running Win7 in a virtual machine, will try a fresh Win laptop next.

Virtual machines are dodgy in this context.
I would always use actual computer and for this application Windows 7 is the best.

Back