Adding a amp to composition media 6.33

MrTesco

T6 Pro
Hi there,

I have the vw composition media 6.33 unit fitted with app connect.

At some point I would like to upgrade the audio but would like to keep the factory unit, I've seen the various speaker upgrades etc but just wondering of it's possible to add a Amp for better performance of any speaker upgrade.

Many thanks for your help

Hi there,

I have the vw composition media 6.33 unit fitted with app connect.

At some point I would like to upgrade the audio but would like to keep the factory unit, I've seen the various speaker upgrades etc but just wondering of it's possible to add a Amp for better performance of any speaker upgrade.

Many thanks for your help

Yes it is possible, we use the JL XD range, they work superb, with Auto turn on and no added noise..

I have the JL three channel set-up as described by Absolut5. Its bloody marvellous. The sound range is excellent when combined with my Hertz Mille Pro front components and 10" under seat JL sub. The discover media head unit then runs the rear pioneer coax speakers directly (having recoded the head unit with VCDS to enable the rear speaker fader)

I've just finished my install recommended by absolut. I made my ears bleed this morning the bass is ridiculous.

Thanks absolut for your help.

That reminds me I need to get that rear fade sorted, I was supposed to go see Adam but I've been so busy on the van I forgot.

Could do with VCDS to auto turn off stop/start. The amp doesn't like running on max with no engine on.

Still need to get tweaking with the amp and bass/mid/treble settings but I'm impressed. I've only got one of the rear speakers up at the moment but can't hear it due to the massive noise of the hertz components and JL sub. Is the rear fade mod really that important?

What's the best setup for fronts only and no underseat sub? I still have a JL audio amp and sub, along with my home made underseat box that I took out of old T5, which sounded great, but I have no room under the seats for a sub in the new van and the camper interior has no space in the rear. Is there a place I can mount an amp somewhere behind the dash?

I could probably squeeze the amp under a seat, just wondered if there was an alternative to pulling the carpet up as I have very little strength in my fingers/hands due to previous injuries and I really struggled last time. What I meant is there is no room in the back for speakers, so everything will have to come from front doors and A pillars

I could probably squeeze the amp under a seat, just wondered if there was an alternative to pulling the carpet up as I have very little strength in my fingers/hands due to previous injuries and I really struggled last time. What I meant is there is no room in the back for speakers, so everything will have to come from front doors and A pillars
Ahh, I see. The JL 3 channel amp I have is really quite streamlined and fits under my seat easily, even though there is a battery and a ctek split charger under there. I would recommend the cables going under the carpet otherwise you'll probably not be happy with the finish. Unless you can get it on the bulkhead under the dash where it's easier to hide the cables.

Need another project @Absolut5 !
Getting used to the Rainbow upgrade already - leaning towards amp and subwoofer. Can you post the model numbers of the components you'd recommend so I can have a nose before I order :thumbsup:

Need another project @Absolut5 !
Getting used to the Rainbow upgrade already - leaning towards amp and subwoofer. Can you post the model numbers of the components you'd recommend so I can have a nose before I order :thumbsup:

Hertz Mille Pro MPK165.3 from the comps
JL XD500/3 amp
JL10w1 sub
With XD amp controller for the base

This is the components we use in our signature setup for you guys

Ps my prices are very competitive

Thanks @Absolut5
I had the front Rainbows off you a few months ago. Can you PM me with a price for everything I'll need (excluding the Hertz compos). No rush - when you're back in the office ;)

What's the best setup for fronts only and no underseat sub? I still have a JL audio amp and sub, along with my home made underseat box that I took out of old T5, which sounded great, but I have no room under the seats for a sub in the new van and the camper interior has no space in the rear. Is there a place I can mount an amp somewhere behind the dash?

Can you not mount it behind the panel of the fixed(if you haven't got twin sliders) side door? you may need to put a few rivets in to prevent overheating @Absolut5 will be able to assist on this further?

Can you not mount it behind the panel of the fixed(if you haven't got twin sliders) side door? you may need to put a few rivets in to prevent overheating @Absolut5 will be able to assist on this further?

It might fit there but I was just trying to avoid running wires out from the head unit to the amp and then back behind the dash again, especially as there will be no sub. In my T5 the amp sat on top of a safe under the passenger seat and fed the sub under the driver's seat and the door speakers. There's so many more bits of electronics under the passenger seat of the T6 that I don't think a safe will fit, but the amp would def go in. The issue is my hands, due to various knackered tendons and bits of metal holding wrists and forearms to the rest of me, I know I'll struggle with getting the carpet up and down cos I could hardly move my fingers for a day or so last time and they've only got worse in the 3 yrs since.

Guess I should just get someone else to do it, but it always grates on me having to pay for something when I could do it.

Back