Acc Lower Grill

gal2009

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I was looking to get a badgeless Gloss black front grill, and there are various suppliers (happy days).
However i can't seem to source a lower grill gloss black to match that incorporates the acc sensor.
I don't know if getting a standard gloss lower grill and adapting (butchering) it to suit is an option or the following......

1/ Does anyone know if this is on the market?
2/ If i go down the route of getting the lower grill sprayed gloss black, would it affect the sensor ?

I was looking to get a badgeless Gloss black front grill, and there are various suppliers (happy days).
However i can't seem to source a lower grill gloss black to match that incorporates the acc sensor.
I don't know if getting a standard gloss lower grill and adapting (butchering) it to suit is an option or the following......

1/ Does anyone know if this is on the market?
2/ If i go down the route of getting the lower grill sprayed gloss black, would it affect the sensor ?

I haven't found anyone that does the lower grills in Gloss Black for an ACC T6.

You can pop off the trim around the radar box and paint that, but I wouldn't paint the actual box front itself. If you zoom in on mine, you will see what I mean. The centre of the ACC unit is unpainted.

20180926_113732.jpg

Last edited:
Elliott body at travelinlite said he would get one if I wanted one .

I haven't found anyone that does the lower grills in Gloss Black for an ACC T6.

You can pop off the trim around the radar box and paint that, but I wouldn't paint the actual box front itself. If you zoom in on mine, you will see what I mean. The centre of the ACC unit is unpainted.

View attachment 32533

Thanks @Tourershine, yes i was worried about putting any paint on the sensor, and to tbh it doesn't affect the appearance of the lower grill like i thought.... Looks really nice.
Thanks @carlg. Nice to know they are out there somewhere.

Thanks @Tourershine, yes i was worried about putting any paint on the sensor, and to tbh it doesn't affect the appearance of the lower grill like i thought.... Looks really nice.
Thanks @carlg. Nice to know they are out there somewhere.

It would of been nice to paint the whole sensor, but no one could give me a definitive answer from VW or anywhere on the internet if it was safe. Even my bodyshop advised against it, but as you say, it's not that obvious that it's not painted providing you do paint the surrounding shroud around the sensor.

It would of been nice to paint the whole sensor, but no one could give me a definitive answer from VW or anywhere on the internet if it was safe. Even my bodyshop advised against it, but as you say, it's not that obvious that it's not painted providing you do paint the surrounding shroud around the sensor.

Agreed, really didn't want to affect any performance of the acc unless a definitive answer was posted. Just looked at the shroud....Yes that could be painted no probs and because the sensor is set back it really doesn't affect the appearance i am after.

Agreed, really didn't want to affect any performance of the acc unless a definitive answer was posted. Just looked at the shroud....Yes that could be painted no probs and because the sensor is set back it really doesn't affect the appearance i am after.

The shroud just pops off with your fingers. Don't forget to post some pictures of the results :thumbsup:

Back