5 or 6 seats on a new order t6.1 kombi

lenlec

T6 Pro
Hi all paid my deposit for a kombi but can spec change for a week or so the dealer said
I’ve gone for the double frono passenger seat to give 6 seats. And in cherry red.
am I making a mistake ? Most Kombis I see have the 2 front seats. But fancied the option to carry 6 people if needed
any helpful / knowledgeable opinion / advice please ?
thanks

Depends on your needs I suppose. Not a very helpful answer I know.

I've opted for the single passenger seat as it's apparently more comfortable and the last thing I need are complaints over comfort!!

I have decided, if my van ever arrives, to add a single seat in the third row. This will add the extra capacity if it's ever needed.

I've opted for the single passenger seat as it's apparently more comfortable and the last thing I need are complaints over comfort!!

I have decided, if my van ever arrives, to add a single seat in the third row. This will add the extra capacity if it's ever needed.
Cheers all my van have had the 3 seats in the front so suppose I’ve got used to it
we have 3 kids so maybe the 6th seat may come in handy ? God knows. Decisions decisions
what colour you gone for ? Cherry red for me

This is the set up I’ve evolved to. SWMBO found the double front seat uncomfortable so fitted a single. Wanted 6 seats so could take the grandparents out so bought a single shuttle middle seat with integral belt for row 3.

Red looks fab - I nearly bought one but a T26 so not enough weight capacity for us.

Ian

Thanks Ian. So a 6th seat can be fitted behind the 3 rear seats ?
Yes - I have two singles in the front, a 2 and 1 in row 2 then a single in row 3. The single is easy to remove / store when not in use. You will need to fit floor brackets like the ones you have already but a) the dimples are in the floorpan to locate them and b) no fuel tank to drop to fit them.

Ian

Just out of curiosity, is there an option of fitting quick release feet/clamp/system, when I install a seat in the 3rd row? I thinking in case I need to remove it.

It just uses 4 of the normal floor brackets / trims and clips in and out of the floor like the kombi seats. Here is mine with all the rear seats out...

406C68D1-6214-4AB4-A190-707D14D4694B.jpeg

I would order 5 seat with a 2+1 rear. You can either swap the front single for a double fairly easily once the bolts a mate put in, or the quick release single seat in one of three positions in the third row.

the front double is quite uncomfortable unless you put a recliner kit on it.

Evening bud, how much of a job is it to swap from a double front seat to single?
Cheers.
Mine had no air bag or heating element - 30 minutes tops. Unscrew wiring connection block. Undo 8 nuts, lift out double, unscrew 4 studs, drop single seat onto 4 remaining studs and 4 nuts back on.

Easy peasy...
I'll get me a seat now.
Do the t6 fit the t6.1 do you know?
Just double checking - you do mean driver / passenger seats in the front? Mine is a T6 - not sure of T6.1 differences - maybe just a fabric change?

@Paynewright

I can see you have the rear heater on the side in the third row. Do you think the outer floor seat brackets could be fitted with the heater trim in place? I'd like either, two single middle seats in third row or possibly a double seat. The singles are preferable otherwise I'd need to add a seatbelt to the van.
Thanks

@Paynewright

I can see you have the rear heater on the side in the third row. Do you think the outer floor seat brackets could be fitted with the heater trim in place? I'd like either, two single middle seats in third row or possibly a double seat. The singles are preferable otherwise I'd need to add a seatbelt to the van.
Thanks

If I needed to buy seats again I’d only buy singles as much easier to lug in and out of the van. @BognorMotors have fitted two singles in row 3 of an ‘executive’ style transporter - not sure if it had the rear heater. I ‘think’ two middle shuttle seats fit slightly inboard when compared to the left or right single seat.

Thanks for the replies both. It's definitely something I will pursue once the van arrives.

I think it will be tight too and may require a little fettling to get the brackets in position.

Back