Sold 4motion steering wheel trim insert for t6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rattlehead

VIP Member
T6 Pro
New unused genuine vw 4motion steering wheel trim insert, purchased from vanstyle.
Note the website says only suitable for T6.1 or caddy 21.
£40 posted 20230218_120421.jpg

Hi, has this been sold? Vanstyles website says it requires a partial removal of the airbag does it come with fitting instructions?

Hi, has this been sold? Vanstyles website says it requires a partial removal of the airbag does it come with fitting instructions?
Hi, it's still for sale. It didn't have any fitting instructions with it. It's easy enough to fit, you just need a small flat head screwdriver. Behind the steering wheel in the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions there's a small hole where the clips for the airbag are located, push the screwdriver in to release the clips. Once airbag is loose, the steering wheel trim will clip into place,

Hi, it's still for sale. It didn't have any fitting instructions with it. It's easy enough to fit, you just need a small flat head screwdriver. Behind the steering wheel in the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions there's a small hole where the clips for the airbag are located, push the screwdriver in to release the clips. Once airbag is loose, the steering wheel trim will clip into place,
Sorry I’ve not come back to you.

Do you have to disconnect the battery etc before you start?

Sorry I’ve not come back to you.

Do you have to disconnect the battery etc before you start?
I fitted the previous trim during other work, so the battery was disconnected. You're not unplugging the airbag, so you could do it without disconnecting the battery. I personally would disconnect it though, just as a precaution

Hi, A few post's up i've described how to fit it. Easy enough to do, doesn't take long. If you're interested send me a dm

Hi, A few post's up i've described how to fit it. Easy enough to do, doesn't take long. If you're interested send me a dm
thanks for getting back to me. i am not confident enough to disconnect the air bag so i think I will leave it as I do not know anyone who could do this for me.

Good luck with the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back