4 week old van. ABS sensor. RA tech got it in one.

Sioux1001

Well last night went out to van to go see a job. Started it, and there was a meltdown.

1. No front parking sensors.
2. No rear parking sensors.
3. No hill start brake.
4. No auto levelling head lights.
5. No ABS.

Tried dealership this morning and Belfast service centre, none answering so called out Roadside Assistance, the guy Gary arrived before any call backs from either location,”ABS sensor I reckon.”

He was right, rear left sensor failed,”I have one on the wagon.”

Next problem no locking wheel nut in jack kit, searched glovebox, side doors, front dash, back of van top to bottom.

He couldn’t change it without it so have to wait to next Thursday and also get wheel nut lock sorted.

Tip if you get the same deluge of warnings.

I bet you’re kicking yourself about the locking nut. Reassuring that the roadside assistance chappie had an immediate diagnosis though

If you have alloy wheels fitted you’ll also find that you need careful use of a sledgehammer to remove. I suggest you get the wheels off and lubricate the spigot before you need to remove on the side of the road.

@DXX dont you just know it! Sat at the side of the road jacked up on a pair of Pyrex scissors
✂️ what a joke when you need vw roadside to change a wheel when you’ve changed loads on all your previous cars over the years

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
@DXX dont you just know it! Sat at the side of the road jacked up on a pair of Pyrex scissors
✂️ what a joke when you need vw roadside to change a wheel when you’ve changed loads on all your previous cars over the years
Makes you want to hand back your “man club” membership card!!!

Back