30mm Or 40mm Ride Quality

3crispies

Classic Vws
T6 Guru
Got van booked in for Eibach Pro 30mm springs at vanstyle but are the HR 40mms better drive/comfort package as probably wont be covered by Vw anyway
1f620.png

Works van so planning on keeping 16 inch wheels.

The lower you go, the stiffer the ride... that s just the way it has to be.

The stock sportline drop is great for handling but terrible for comfort...... just something you have to get used too if you like the lowered look.

The lower you go, the stiffer the ride... that s just the way it has to be.

The stock sportline drop is great for handling but terrible for comfort...... just something you have to get used too if you like the lowered look.
Thats what i have been told but was also told h r springs better ride. Had these on megance rs and they were terrible though.

Got van booked in for Eibach Pro 30mm springs at vanstyle but are the HR 40mms better drive/comfort package as probably wont be covered by Vw anyway 1f620.png
Works van so planning on keeping 16 inch wheels.
iv jus had mine lowered with the eibach 30 mil by jct 600 vw van centre they charged me £450 inc vat very happy with the ride and the job warrenty still intact aswell.... i rang a lot of places no one got back to me i had to chase them jct vw york were bang on even got a ftee gift !!

93C5F246-0CD4-470F-8A07-150039E60303.jpeg

iv jus had mine lowered with the eibach 30 mil by jct 600 vw van centre they charged me £450 inc vat very happy with the ride and the job warrenty still intact aswell.... i rang a lot of places no one got back to me i had to chase them jct vw york were bang on even got a ftee gift !!

View attachment 29644
yeah been quoted £465 from local Vw dealer which is £200 more than vanstyle........ I understand with the warranty but normally with Vw anything expensive is not covered anyway..

yeah been quoted £465 from local Vw dealer which is £200 more than vanstyle........ I understand with the warranty but normally with Vw anything expensive is not covered anyway..
id rang a lot of places mate and i say was sick of chasing them up ... its done now and im happy and if im happy thts all tht matters i honestly can not believe how better the ride feels !!

Strange that Vw dealers prices seem to vary so much!! I haven’t been able to get a reasonable price
I have been quoted £600 from Listers in Stratford upon Avon and £695 from Listers in Droitwich, bit shocked at this price I don’t want to loose my warranty and have been told it needs to be done by a Vw dealer to retain this.

So long as VW approved parts are used they can’t invalidate the warranty. It’s against the law. Same goes with servicing.

Strange that Vw dealers prices seem to vary so much!! I haven’t been able to get a reasonable price
I have been quoted £600 from Listers in Stratford upon Avon and £695 from Listers in Droitwich, bit shocked at this price I don’t want to loose my warranty and have been told it needs to be done by a Vw dealer to retain this.
yeah strange rang near Peterborough and when was in Sheffield they were same roughly £450-465. But as stueystuey and even local dealers so long as its genuine part can be fitted anywhere and vanstyle are half price...

yeah strange rang near Peterborough and when was in Sheffield they were same roughly £450-465. But as stueystuey and even local dealers so long as its genuine part can be fitted anywhere and vanstyle are half price...
Yes that’s sort of the price I was expecting as I checked vw web site and it’s supposed to be a fixed price service they provide. When I asked why they are quoting so much more than vw say it should be, the reply was all Bolt’s and washers etc that have to be removed have to be replaced with new ones it’s a 5 week old van

Yes that’s sort of the price I was expecting as I checked vw web site and it’s supposed to be a fixed price service they provide. When I asked why they are quoting so much more than vw say it should be, the reply was all Bolt’s and washers etc that have to be removed have to be replaced with new ones it’s a 5 week old van
thats EXACTLY what happened to me .....untill i got in touch with york v w i was quoted £500 inc vat all in .. i paid £420 fitted all done give them a ring ask to speak to chris in commercial parts

I'd spent weeks researching suspension options and almost went for B14's, but due to recently moving house and into what is quickly becoming a money pit...decided to just do springs for now and then coilovers next year.

In the end I purchased a set of 50mm eibach springs from customvanz, first impressions the ride height is just to look I was after...happy days! Also I had read plenty of comments and reviews on here about the lower you go, harder it gets. So went for a drive in my newly slammed bus and was fully prepared for a harsh ride, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was in fact the opposite. General driving around town and dual carriageways the ride has improved, very compliant with progressive suspension travel.
So I would 100% recommend eibach springs and customvanz for fast next day delivery. Hope this helps

Back