3 Piece Front Grill

Mrpowwow

VIP Member
Afternoon chaps
I have a one piece front grill and want to fit the LED DLRs does anyone know where i can buy the centre piece of the grill ?

You can go to your main dealer to get one or we can supply one for you, i think they are in the region of £40 but if you have a one piece grille i assume it is a startline so not sure how that would fit ??
If its not a start line (ie coloured bumpers) then you dont need one as they are in three separate pieces already and the DRLs just replace two of those pieces

You can go to your main dealer to get one or we can supply one for you, i think they are in the region of £40 but if you have a one piece grille i assume it is a startline so not sure how that would fit ??
If its not a start line (ie coloured bumpers) then you dont need one as they are in three separate pieces already and the DRLs just replace two of those pieces
It was specced out from VW and has a one piece grill that was painted black by VW on order, but I want to fit the DLRs and fog lights, the lower grill for those is also one piece so not sure which way to go with this ? Also the bumpers were colour coded by VW

Not sure how you would do this without replacing front bumper/grille ??

If I'm reading right.... the grill you have is moulded into the bumper. Is it a startline or trend line?
If you want to fit drl and the removable grill you will have to get a new front bumper.
The grill sides are more angular on the removable grill and square on the moulded one.

If I'm reading it correctly.......

If I'm reading right.... the grill you have is moulded into the bumper. Is it a startline or trend line?
If you want to fit drl and the removable grill you will have to get a new front bumper.
The grill sides are more angular on the removable grill and square on the moulded one.

If I'm reading it correctly.......
Hi Again
Checking my paperwork its a startline, but it had lots of extras put on it and some of those were colour coded bumpers with the grills painted gloss black by VW

I see. You won't be able to fit the Drl grill etc as the startline is all one mould.

You need a trendline or Highline front bumper with the removable grills.

I see. You won't be able to fit the Drl grill etc as the startline is all one mould.

You need a trendline or Highline front bumper with the removable grills.
If i take some pictures up tomorrow, can you clarify that its deffinatly a one piece bumper ?

Balls, so this could now become very costly, i don't know why the dealership that ordered the van paid the extra money to have a one piece sprayed up like that.

If you look at a startline panel van you can see how the front end black plastic is all one piece, its looks like they have just painted sections of it which gives the appearance its separate

gallery_image_1.jpg

Agreed, I think the only way forward would be to replace it with separate bumper and grille but after painting that's gonna be a few hundred I'm guessing

Isn't it due to the grey paint not being available for high lines/trendlines. Lovely colour though.

Back