21” alloys

Jeff Goodall

T6 Pro
Hi, ordered new t6 now got to wait till feb 2018. Passing the time choosing what alloys to get .Does anyone know if 21” alloys would be ok lowered on b14 coilovers . Thanks

Looked into this myself. Customvanz do 21” Bentley alloys. So long as the tyres are appropriate to maintain the same overall wheel diameter, the suspension shouldn’t matter. As B14’s are height adjustable just set them so the tyres don’t foul the bodywork
That's good,love these one but so expensive.It seems maybe cheaper to get the alloys from another supplier on eBay and then purchase types separately.should save about £500 if eBay ones are legit.

That's good,love these one but so expensive.It seems maybe cheaper to get the alloys from another supplier on eBay and then purchase types separately.should save about £500 if eBay ones are legit.
Be wary of eBay and make sure you get to see the weight stamp on the inside face of the wheel to check its load rating. Even if you don’t have a T32 your rims will still need to stand up to the additional weight imposed on them by a van.

Be wary of eBay and make sure you get to see the weight stamp on the inside face of the wheel to check its load rating. Even if you don’t have a T32 your rims will still need to stand up to the additional weight imposed on them by a van.
Mine will be a t32 and have already seen the limits on alloys available due to axle weight etc and tyre rating 103 . I agree with you on items for sale on eBay check very carefully I think .

New Audi SQ7 has some lovely 22" wheels...... they look Massive, and awesome but I doubt they would fit as the Q7 arch is quite large!

Also I think Custom Vanz are the only ones that sell with the correct PCD size, otherwise you also need to buy PCD adapters which add to the cost.

Hi all, so looking at possible getting 21” Bentley style alloys . Tyres makes and choice are fairly limited though and fairly expensive. How many miles do you think average t6 Kombi would get out of a set with steady driving approximately.
Thanks for any advice.

Hi all, so looking at possible getting 21” Bentley style alloys . Tyres makes and choice are fairly limited though and fairly expensive. How many miles do you think average t6 Kombi would get out of a set with steady driving approximately.
Thanks for any advice.

Probably not a question that can be answered in any real accuracy.
It will depend on tyre choice, driving style, roads, weight, and possibly the overall chassis setup.

I have a reasonable amount of experience with larger tyres on vans, because I do a lot of miles in a van, on larger than standard tyres...

My conclusion is this:
High end performance tyres don't stand up well to the pressures needed on a commercial, and this wears them pretty efficiently.
Cheaper tyres compromise on comfort, noise and grip.
Mid range tyres are my current way forward, but i'm too new into a set to tell of the benefits yet.
If it was me buying a new set of 20" tyres, i'd opt for a mid range price, possibly suitable for something heavy like a Range Rover, which is nearer the characterises of a T6, than a smaller car sat on 20's.
I cannot advise the miles you'd get, but I can say the worst I've had is less than 10k, and the best is 20k. Bare in mind that I can do up to 50k a year, and get through tyres quicker than the average T6 owner.

Lastly, i'd speak to real experts that will give you that 'sweet spot' with wheel dimensions, and the right tyre.

Back