1st time crafter conversion

Bobstate808

Hi all
I am a fully qualified electrician with experience in travelling around Europe with my family in a motorhome and have decided on a change of career path to kiting out campers with my best mate, who happens to be a carpenter, so hopefully we aim to produce a top spec finished product. We have picked up a 2016 crafter lwb high top with only 9k on the clock and will commencing work soon all being well completed and sold for early summer. Fingers crossed!!

Sounds great and the right two people to do it ( skills wise ) look forward to pictures and progress updates

Thanks niknak
Does anyone know the best place to get parts for it? Its in like new condition apart from a cracked part of the grill at the front.
I have spent the last 3 weeks researching what we will do do it, including a full morning yesterday on parking sensors!!!

We are planning on building a business on this so there will be a instagram and youtube account happening soon, where you will see my face for radio:)

Things like parking sensors I would use the vw system plug and play with a bit of activation but much more reliable and won’t conflict with any other system if you register your company you’ll be able to use TPS for parts so will get them cheaper, the actually modifications seems like you have that side covered

Great, so its a 2016 with no sensors, so would a vw set plug straight in? I've found a obd plug that will power the front ones when speed is lower than 6mph and the rear ones will be fed off the reverse gear, that was my plan. Has anyone had experience with xtrons android screens? I'm looking at fitting one with the reverse camera.

The vw set will need coding but it’s not hard, as my rear doors are solid I opted for a constant feed rear camera to act as a rear view mirror

Hi niknak
I. Currently down a research rabbit hole on vagcoms now!!
Welcome to the forum, If you're going to milk the collective knowledge in order to build a business & (hopefully) make money, it might be worth "investing" in VIP membership. Just sayin' like, cough cough.

Back