@Crazymind. Is that app a T6.1 thing? I'm old school in as much as I always record my mileage and fill ups to stick them all in a spreadsheet and have done for donkeys years.

Not sure if I’m in right place or I even understand numbers. But driving on M/way same rev/ speed and fuel consumption numbers bouncing all over place?! Do I have a problem?

If I’m wrong place or resurrecting dead thread apols.

Ps. Tried to upload video but forum kept blocking?!

Essentially numbers jumping from 16-117-200-40-60-30 randomly. And NO change in pedal position etc?!

Could you have selected the instantaneous mpg reading rather than the average which is one more press of the up arrow button? Hope its that simple, that reading can indeed be all over the place! Rarely any real use...

With regard to the video you need to put it on YouTube and post the link on here, our beloved forum doesn't like a neat video!

199 4 motion average 32mpg which is about the same as I got with my previous t5 174 5 cylinder.

Five years of collecting information in the frew Fuelio app every time I fill up - I only ever use V Power diesel in my T32 150bhp manual and I'm getting 38.6 mpg

I generally cruise at 60 on the motorway and use it for commuting into Manchester once or twice a week
View attachment 237958
Seems about right. i have a caravelle, - owned four years from 26k, now at 82, 2.4t min all the time (load weight - middle captains hav spent three years in the garage..) more like 2.55 with me and full tank. mfd says im at 39 ish (39.4ish.. or it might be 38.4.. i dont really take much precedence over a variation of 2mpg when we have a few things that require 14mpg...) mpg long term. Seems about right. my use is very mixed. 35mot/30a-rd/20b-rd/15town use. CXFA 150 DSG exec. and in that is a mix of naughty and just stop oil friendly antics
Im impressed really (4 issues though... Egr cooler fail. glad that was warranty. main real seal waarranty. door latch mech on sliding driver. warranty. Failing again.... egr flexi pipe. in warranty that one but pandemic. 4 month wait and i dont like being gassed in my daily... paid private.) cabin creaks are near non existent - i am thinking of a different vehicle but nothing out the suits my needs really. Starting about the idea budgeting for a new block and internal cabin bits for long term keeping. have a decent VW indi that i know i can trust, which helps a deal, within my realm.
Not relevent to thread but my only gripes are: the reach of the steering wheel. If someone knows of a mod to increase reach of steering wheel that would be great... Im a T-Rex... (search from my own fingers is inbound)
Sound system is a bit feeble
ACC would be nice but I've heard some niggles about use.
My suspension is at eol at the front. its a velle. i dont care about being sporty (my dads sportline is good for that). Im debating bags but... cost.
Since it was last at dealer things have disappeared from the 'media nav' unit...

back to thread topic..

I know one of my fuel floats is a bit erm but i fill every week/2, doing 140 x 4 + 60 or 3 x 140 + 2 x 40 + 2 x 100 so its pretty much right long term.

I use mainly Esso standard for 4 fills, then a supreme fill with every other supreme at 40l/60l with a cleaner for either injectors or total system clean, wynns proffesional.

She occainsionally gets abused with sainsburys diesel... poor thing XD but thats if im in a bind time wise...

I would say using only supreme/vpower for example in the 150 is a waste of time in a consitent fashion UNLESS you are raggin it or doing heavy loads conistently, maybe the same for the 204 as well. if your running out of standard guise (i.e Mapped) on either engine, maybe, just maybe a better fuel might be benficial. I dont see the the premium fuels being overly benficial in a performance capacity in less than a 150bhp, other than in a maintanence reasoning, as i do. (this is completely irrlevant in a high performance petrol, for those who are reading who are not aware of the difference between cetane in diesel and octance in petroleum, where 'pinking' is much more of an issue)

If im to put the Premium over the standard from esso, a run over 70 miles at 62 on motorway my fuel is the difference of 42.5 and 44 respectively between the two fuels, on average(gods will partially included). it does something, but, not enough to be worth the price hike. but that has been a consitent trend using my above scenario/s over three years.

The mpg reading on my MFD is not accurate.
I work mine out from filling up when the fuel light comes on. 57 litres. I get around 400 miles so works out 31.92mpg. MFD says around 36 mpg.
My old T4 had better mpg.
I used to concern me, but I no longer worry about and just enjoy the van.

The mpg reading on my MFD is not accurate.
I work mine out from filling up when the fuel light comes on. 57 litres. I get around 400 miles so works out 31.92mpg. MFD says around 36 mpg.
My old T4 had better mpg.
I used to concern me, but I no longer worry about and just enjoy the van.
Same here I just enjoy the van and never worry about a few mpg either way. After all the true cost of ownership is where most of your hard earned ££ goes.

The question around the benefit/s of premium fuel is one that I don't think anyone has given a definitive answer on, but I plan to keep the van for 10+ years, don't mind spending the extra and it flew through it's emissions test at the MOT this week at 5 years old

The thing that probably convinced me to use it was a friend who has a 15 year old land cruiser who was beset with fuel-related running issues until he started using premium diesel

It works out at a tenner a month extra and I don't need to worry about any other additives etc

I've always keep a track of the real MPG on all my cars (only because I'm that sort) but I don't let MPG or fuel costs bother me any more. I just can't bring myself to tailor my driving style in order to get better MPG so the van just does what it does and that's it. With my Q5 it's the same but I only do about 5K miles a year in it and therefore only have to fill up every couple of months so it hardly matters anyway.

Back