What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Decided that the new hip was sufficiently run in to allow lying under van so the h&r anti roll bars, eibach springs, bilstein damper’s, myele hd top mounts and drop links, pagid calipers, ebc ultimax discs, ebc pads, and hel braided flexi pipes which have been lying in my garage since November are now fitted.IMG_0123.jpeg
Summer wheels back onIMG_0127.jpeg
Next jobIMG_0128.jpeg

Moved DC-DC charger, Fogstar 105ah battery, shunt and Ablemail AMT12-2 from rear wardrobe to under the single passenger seat to free up storage room in the back. The mains charger will also be moved to under the drivers seat. I also tidied up the busbars, cabling and CBE fuse box in the wardrobe to get them out of the way. While I had the front seats and mat out I took the opportunity to add a layer of sound proofing too. Next job is to fit the solar panel, MPPT and also add extra 240v socket for the mains charger. I also want to change the front power sockets to the ignition circuit and swap at least one to a USB socket.

IMG_6923.jpeg

IMG_6942.jpeg

More test fitting of extra interior lights running off the LB. I can't find the post in an old thread of who had LED strips mounted here, but it's a fantastic idea.

View attachment 238608
View attachment 238609
View attachment 238610
View attachment 238611

Just need to wait until it's dark to decide if I want them on a dimmer switch or not.

With this and the new rear boot light, I'll do the wiring for them all at the same time, along with some other extras. I'll also route some solar cables through the headlining at the same time.
Ok, dimmer definitely needed. They're just a bit too bright at full whack, and dimming them will help with light leak too if I'm stealth camping.

1000007483.jpg
1000007484.jpg
Before, with no light above the kitchen, or the single flexible spot light:
1000007493.jpg
1000007492.jpg
At minimum:
1000007489.jpg
Full whack
1000007490.jpg

Mind you, even at full brightness they're nowhere near as eye piercing as the factory LED roof lights, those things are BRIGHT.

And yes, I know there's a few LED's out on one strip, luckily I've got enough left to cut another length, I didn't notice until I'd cut the strip. Tbh I'll probably end up getting some more for for some extra low level lighting in the back of the van.

Last edited:
This week actually. Wheel arch plastics off, jet wash, repaint, wax and calliper's going matt black. Front and back. Front end I replaced everything last Spring, now time to replace out the Caravelle springs for t32 3x grey in theory stiffer and +20mm to std ride height and now Koni shocks on the back

Ride is really good first impressions. Job done

IMG_5515.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 19.00.24 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 19.24.57.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 19.00.24 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 19.02.55.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 19.00.25.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 18.24.39.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 18.33.29.jpeg

IMG_5516.jpeg

Last edited:
Fitted new alpine speakers & tweeters , sound deadening doors and cards plus 5mm foam backed door cards , truly amazing sound after figuring out the best equaliser setting , can't fault the quality of these speakers .
Is that the Alpine T6 upgrade pack, std head unit or amp?

One thing I miss about my old car is the 12 speaker Canton audio system, it sounded epic.

The T6 system (even in a Caravelle with a little extra sound deadening) just doesn't even come close. The Alpine upgrade is on my to do list at some point.

Is that the Alpine T6 upgrade pack, std head unit or amp?

One thing I miss about my old car is the 12 speaker Canton audio system, it sounded epic.

The T6 system (even in a Caravelle with a little extra sound deadening) just doesn't even come close. The Alpine upgrade is on my to do list at some point.
I wouldn't. It's a slippery slope.
Got the SPC108s - ooh that sounds nice.
Oh no needs better sound deadening - ooh that sounds nice.
Oh no - base a bit week, got the DA84T6 subwoofer package - ooh that sounds nice.
Oh no - response across the spectrum a little flat, got HALO 11 for DSP.
Oh no. DA84T6 amp gives very limited DSP control, swapped out for KMT-200 - ooh that sounds nice.
Oh no - Spotify isn't MQA and HALO11 has a dedicated TIDAL Hi-res stream - subscribed - ohh that sounds nice.

Oh no - is that how much I have spent

But wait what if I bypass the speaker loom to exploit spare rear pre-output for direct DSP control of Tweeter instead of current combined Tweeter/Mid combo - STOOOOOOP:eek::eek::eek:
Oh no - wind noise from pop top, how do I silence that - STOOOOOOP:eek::eek::eek:

There should be a In-Car Audio equivalent of Alcoholics Anonymous

I wouldn't. It's a slippery slope.
Got the SPC108s - ooh that sounds nice.
Oh no needs better sound deadening - ooh that sounds nice.
Oh no - base a bit week, got the DA84T6 subwoofer package - ooh that sounds nice.
Oh no - response across the spectrum a little flat, got HALO 11 for DSP.
Oh no. DA84T6 amp gives very limited DSP control, swapped out for KMT-200 - ooh that sounds nice.
Oh no - Spotify isn't MQA and HALO11 has a dedicated TIDAL Hi-res stream - subscribed - ohh that sounds nice.

Oh no - is that how much I have spent

But wait what if I bypass the speaker loom to exploit spare rear pre-output for direct DSP control of Tweeter instead of current combined Tweeter/Mid combo - STOOOOOOP:eek::eek::eek:
Oh no - wind noise from pop top, how do I silence that - STOOOOOOP:eek::eek::eek:

There should be a In-Car Audio equivalent of Alcoholics Anonymous
:rofl:

Luckily both my seat bases are full of stuff so even if f I wanted to upgrade to an amp or subwoofer, over got nowhere to put them!

:rofl:

Luckily both my seat bases are full of stuff so even if f I wanted to upgrade to an amp or subwoofer, over got nowhere to put them!
I'm the same in my double passenger base and wouldn't be without the extra storage space it offers. By coincidence I'm going to run my Autoterm heater for an hour or so later today to see how warm / hot the ducting gets as it comes in through the floor under the drivers seat but I could utilise the space so long as it doesn't get too hot. I might also look to make a heat shield of some kind but will have to see how the testing goes.

Phase two of retrimming the cab area. Headliner done. Just the B Pillars to do now.

A couple of bits I’m not overly happy about. Nothing to do with anything involving a post I made in the For Sale/Wanted area. Thats totally unrelated.

IMG_5808.jpeg

You're right about that. Mind you (it's only a personal opinion) but I think that about a lot of after market wheels!
Agree - personal taste but as I've never had 'flash' wheels before it was my choice to splurge and Mrs G got the two tone choice.
BUT - although they are ghastly, I noted what appears to be corrosion and only the other day someone mentioned this was their experience with a polished wheel as well - so now I am wondering if this is a 'thing' for all those wheels?

Back