What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Finished the kitchen pod!!!

1000007350.jpg
1000007351.jpg
1000007352.jpg
The cadac 2 burner portable stove sits under the pull out drawer when not in use
1000007355.jpg
1000007358.jpg

Underneath/round the back:
1000007341.jpg
1000007342.jpg
2x 16l jugs for fresh and grey water (easily accessible via the sliding door), factory parking heater redirection vents and ducts, sink plumbing, and the gas hose to a Campingaz small cannister at the front, I pull the hose up and use the quick connector on the cadac. The Anderson connector you can see is for some extra USB ports and lights I'll be adding in the back of the van later on.

Good old Autoglym super resin polish after i had washed it with their usual body wash. Looks good! I need to treat the canvas as soon as the weather is kinder, just had hail and sleet in the sunny West Midlands!
Top tip: the brickwork watershield from Screwfix or Toolstation is the same makeup as the stuff from a camping shop! Oh, except it is way, way cheaper! So, if you’re reroofing your bellows or tent, go save yourself a fortune!!!

Top tip: the brickwork watershield from Screwfix or Toolstation is the same makeup as the stuff from a camping shop! Oh, except it is way, way cheaper! So, if you’re reroofing your bellows or tent, go save yourself a fortune!!!
Thank you @JOG , sounds like a plan!

Started on the sound deadening and insulation on our new van :) Kombi to Day-Van project started. Exciting times but this job is fiddlier than I’d anticipated.

After reading so so many posts and articles and watching just as many YouTube videos, I decided for our use, not to go overboard and used Dodo Dead-ezy range.

IMG_2898.jpeg

I cleaned the flexible Solar panel on my pop top by hand with t-cut. It's now putting out 12V again instead of less than 1V
It must have been really dirty! I do mine twice a year during a normal car wash, the rain keeps ours happy! When I was getting less than 1 volt it turned out my panel was broke!

It must have been really dirty! I do mine twice a year during a normal car wash, the rain keeps ours happy! When I was getting less than 1 volt it turned out my panel was broke!
I was worried mine was broken too. It didn't actually look that dirty, but it's the first time I had cleaned it properly in the two years since we have had the van. I'll do it quarterly from now on.

Reactions: CAB
I was worried mine was broken too. It didn't actually look that dirty, but it's the first time I had cleaned it properly in the two years since we have had the van. I'll do it quarterly from now on.
I'm wondering by applying pressure to the panel you may have re-established a connection somewhere. Even a dirty dirty panel will still get a voltage of more than 1v. Keep your eye on it! There shouldn't be a need for T-Cut. We have a bird loving neighbour who extensively feeds our feathered friends who show their gratitude by bombing our vehicles, most upsetting, I use an occasional wet wipe to remove the 'product'!

I'm wondering by applying pressure to the panel you may have re-established a connection somewhere. Even a dirty dirty panel will still get a voltage of more than 1v. Keep your eye on it! There shouldn't be a need for T-Cut. We have a bird loving neighbour who extensively feeds our feathered friends who show their gratitude by bombing our vehicles, most upsetting, I use an occasional wet wipe to remove the 'product'!
Good point, I hadn't thought that it could be a broken connection. I'll monitor it just in case.

Back