What bulb do i need for a H7 DRL.

Lord Mfwic

I'm Batman.
T6 Legend
Hi,

1 of my DRL bulbs has blown so need to buy a replacement.
Does anyone know the bulb code or what type?
Will it be the same code for LED bulbs as I may want to change both?

TIA

It’s a W21W halogen from the factory but I’ve used these Osrams, although they are strictly for off road use only.

I get a bulb out warning if the starter battery voltage is low, but not if it’s higher (like if it’s been started in the last few hours).

7136A6B8-6EB8-48BB-826E-1A213E506116.jpeg

677C8321-B592-4725-A980-8164D7F441B2.jpeg

I’ve always used abd.co.uk as you can enter details of the vehicle and it returns bulbs which are compatible.

Fitted them this morning.
Not too bad a job. I removed the air filter housing on the drivers side and took out the battery on the passenger side. This made it a LOT easier to get access and to see what you are doing.
All built back up now and love the LED’s.
No warning light so alls good so far. Will take her for a spin and hopefully, all will be good.

691F7141-3A6E-44E8-8CAF-A30F54B1E156.jpeg
Now I want to change all the other front bulbs for LED.

Does anyone have the bulb numbers I would need for H7 sides, dipped and main.

TIA

Fitted them this morning.
Not too bad a job. I removed the air filter housing on the drivers side and took out the battery on the passenger side. This made it a LOT easier to get access and to see what you are doing.
All built back up now and love the LED’s.
No warning light so alls good so far. Will take her for a spin and hopefully, all will be good.

View attachment 84135
Now I want to change all the other front bulbs for LED.

Does anyone have the bulb numbers I would need for H7 sides, dipped and main.

TIA

@RedUn can recommend some. I’ve seen the performance of them on his van, and they’re great.

I’ve got these in my H7 sides. No bulb out errors. Again, for off road use only.

Good colour temperature match for the DRL and very bright.

don’t get the Osrams with two blocks for brightness, make sure they’re 3 on the brightness scale (link above).

I tried that but it didn't recognise my reg.

that’s weird. Just checked and it doesn’t seem to think there was a transporter after 2014?!

That’s the link for the T5.1 twin headlights in case of use.

Please don't fit LEDs in dipped or main beam. Well, maybe main beam, as they shouldn't dazzle anyone, but dipped is just a no no.

I swapped my H7 headlights for Transporter HQ projectors, and after much trial and error, settled on HIDs for dipped beam. Still not strictly legal, but the projectors give a proper beam pattern, not light scatter like your reflectors will.

I’ve also just bought similar headlight units. And can’t find a decent LED H7 bulb that will work with projectors.
Are you suggesting HID kit for the H7 then?

I would suggest reading as much of that thread as you can stomach.

Back