Announcement T6 Forum Shop Closure

Pauly

VCDS User
Admin
The T6 forum shop has now been closed

Unfortunately i do not have the time to operate the shop anymore so we have been forced to close it

I will still be making custom bits for people and doing wiring looms etc but no longer supplying VW parts in general, i will review this in time and may bring back a scaled down version of the shop at some point in the future but for the time being any items i have will be listed in the for sale section on the forum

Paul

Is it not an option for any forum member with more time to help with either of these options? I know you are busy and guess they can be time consuming, particularly the looms.

Just a thought.

To be honest its the general PITA of it all, we get inundated with questions and queries (mostly from people who just want to pump you for information) that we dont have time to respond too then theres all the issues that couriers and paypal bring.

The forum shop was never run to make large profits but now we have lost money too many times by rogues reclaiming money from paypal or dubious couriers signing for things on peoples behalfs because they have smashed the hell out of them or even genuine issues that just cost money
The only way to make the shop work is to charge more so we make decent profit to cover the time and effort that goes in, but i have no desire for another business to run my life is busy enough
I originally started the shop when we were selling Gen6 and Bulli badges because people couldnt get hold of them and slowly we added a few hard to find bits etc etc but its moved away from that now, all the items that were hard to find are now easily available on ebay so i see little point carrying on, i think my time would be better spent working on and improving the forum and giving more input there where its more valuable to members, i talking about listing out all the part numbers for items and upgrades etc etc

It’s a shame - but totally understand. I only managed to use it once but I thank you for the good service.

CZ.

Never managed to actually buy anything @Pauly mainly due to the long distance shipping but the help was invaluable.
Pretty sure the background work to the forum is a full time job on its own and for that you have my thanks. The advice on here has been really really useful. Well worth the cost for VIP membership.

Thanks Pauly, found it very useful in the past but nobody needs that much hassle in their life for such little return. Cheers Mark

Thanks Pauly for the service had a couple of bits from you with no issues and some great knowledge too

Well I think you guys have done a great job, there's an absolute gold mine of information that's been built up over time and that's a credit you guys running the show...

Pity about the shop, but I fully understand why.... Just when I was about to make my first shop purchase as well... Typical :sick: I'm sure I'll be able to source it elsewhere... So no worries and keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Hi Pauly. I see from your opening post that you are still going to do the looms (does that mean the things that allow you to change the manual sliding door to the soft-close one)??
:unsure:

We spent more on the conversion than we expected and the converter refused to play around with the door electrics (not sure why, he took the stuff off to carpet it). If we ever get to a meet-up at some point, we would love to bribe you with a bottle of whisky in exchange for helping us fit it (obviously we would pay you too, the bribe would just be for doing it at the time).
:)

Had quite a nosey through the shop but we are massively short of funds and still have to buy a roofbed in January. Why didn't I listen to the "you'll never finish a veedub" peoples.
:eek:

Ohh, that's a shame, was looking to order a spare wheel lock kit, and few other bits..
Can understand with the extra efforts needed to run that ontop of everything else with the forum..

That's a shame! I've had a few bits off you and had great support with installing

Back