For Sale T6.1 Factory LED Headlights

Stuiemc

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Had some misfortune last weekend which resulted in cracking both headlights whilst using GTechniq W7 Glue and Tar remover. Apparently the acetone in the product reacts with the lens resulting in them cracking.

I needed to get the van back on the road ASAP due to having trips away planned so replaced both headlights. Meaning I have a set of broken headlights for sale.

Both headlights are fully functioning, no broken tabs etc it’s literally just the damage to lens. It may be possible to have the lens repaired or swap lens with a set of halogens which can be picked up relatively cheap.

Looking for £380 for the set. (+£1000 new per headlight from TPS)

DAF9B81C-FA17-4F8D-A7D1-106C266DF029.jpegE47F6582-4C33-4D49-88ED-E6146AE1EA4C.jpegIMG_2329.jpegIMG_2327.jpeg

IMG_2326.jpegIMG_2328.jpeg

Last edited:
ah man . . nightmare.

did it say in the instructions dont use on plastics etc?

ah man . . nightmare.

did it say in the instructions dont use on plastics etc?
It did unfortunately, was pretty vague said something like “not suitable for clear lenses” etc. I’ll hold my hands up but never in this world did I expect for them to shatter, pretty easy mistake to make. Guarantee I’m not the first and unfortunately won’t be last. I’ve used Tardis in the past with no issues.

I think the crazing goes all the way through but you could try a cutting compound

I never would have expected this from t&g ...but if it has acetone in it then defo not good on plastics . Gutted for you .

I never would have expected this from t&g ...but if it has acetone in it then defo not good on plastics . Gutted for you .
It’s proper gutting, I’ve used other brands such as Tardis with no issues. Crazy how they wont change the formula knowing the damage it can easily cause. Safe to say I’ll be staying away from all their products.

Back