Flat battery after 3 days parked up.

foss

VIP Member
Hi everyone brand new to forum
Vehicle details 2016 t32 t-line 2ltr tdi 30,000 miles. Camper king conversion.stood for 3 days "battery flat" iv only had it couple weeks purchased van from Marquis lesure with a 3 year warranty. Rang them and they told me they would check it out. I put some miles on and charged up. They said battery was OK
I insisted told them battery don't go flat in 3 days without a fault with battery or a parasitic drain. Thay said we "haven't"got the correct code reader!!!! Thay fitted new battery great.
Worried now I'm lost with technology. I don't mind buying a code reader (could any one recommend) but how to use it help im now
terrified incase there's other falts. ps Couldn't find your guru map
I live in Washington Tyne and Wear
Thanks everyone.

That is very quick, something must have been plugged in - cigarette lighter normally...dash camera on, or phone charger...?

Hi martymuffin
I've had nothing plugged in, the cigarette lighter has like a rubber bung with no available lighter unit, haven't used anything really as i was just finding my way round the controls etc
Thanks

1714747190387.png
Have a look under the bonnet, do you have any leads on the Neg terminal, on the left like this picture? This was mine last week... lots of info on this problem...although is yours a T5 probably not the same problem...

Looks like a T6 in the profile pic.

If it was the original battery then it may just be age, AGM batteries don't last much more than 5-6 years. Generally, with no driving, a starter battery will last 2 weeks before needing a top up charge.

Presumably we're talking about the starter battery, not leisure battery?

As above, take a pic of the new battery so we can see the negative terminal and see if it has a factory shunt fitted, and if so, if anything has been connected the wrong side of the shunt.

Yes it is the starter battery. I have a new solar panel for lesure battery .
There is a panel inside for battery charge and water tank .was showing one green light for vehicle battery 3green lights for lesure battery. 3 green now with new battery
I do believe it's a T6 I'll take a photo now and see if i can't post it
Thanks

Yes it is the starter battery. I have a new solar panel for lesure battery .
There is a panel inside for battery charge and water tank .was showing one green light for vehicle battery 3green lights for lesure battery. 3 green now with new battery
I do believe it's a T6 I'll take a photo now and see if i can't post it
Thanks
Check the battery under the bonnet...as I said earlier, does it have other wires on the Neg Term..like the picture..

id start by fitting a BM2 battery monitor.

that will plot the drop in power over time.

+++

1714750329413.png

+++

I'll get a jebson battery monitor as recommended thanks.
I'm probably over thinking issues
Having over 30 years trouble free motoring driving Toyota hilux,s.
Reading T6 issues on the forum for me is like Reading horror stories .
Thanks for all replies .
I'm sure this forum will be a great help.
Cheers.

Back