Driveshaft

GM1977

Hi having trouble getting an issue diagnosed on my 65 plate shuttle, have had lots of work done in the last 12months but am struggling to get to the cause of my current issue.
At around 40-45 mph when accelerating get quite a severe wobble from under the van,nothing before or after this speed range
have had suspension tracking tyres and alloys etc checked all ok, I'm thinking either driveshaft or engine/ gearbox mount but local garages cannot confirm so currently stuck.has anyone had similar issue and rectified it or is there a garage in the Somerset area that someone could recommend? TIA

Hi having trouble getting an issue diagnosed on my 65 plate shuttle, have had lots of work done in the last 12months but am struggling to get to the cause of my current issue.
At around 40-45 mph when accelerating get quite a severe wobble from under the van,nothing before or after this speed range
have had suspension tracking tyres and alloys etc checked all ok, I'm thinking either driveshaft or engine/ gearbox mount but local garages cannot confirm so currently stuck.has anyone had similar issue and rectified it or is there a garage in the Somerset area that someone could recommend? TIA

You posted the same yesterday and I wished then that I could offer advice that would help you, but you've already covered much of the obvious stuff.
Did the wobble start immediately after you'd had other work done on the van?
The only suggestion I can offer is to search previous threads on here relating to driveshafts (if you haven't already).
Have you considered Dual Mass Flywheel failure?

Thanks for the reply, I have read previous post and responses. None of them have exactly the same symptoms or definitive answers,last year alone I had egr and cooler and then intake manifold. Dual mass was then diagnosed and replaced so hopefully that's all good,
Dsg has been serviced regularly and is changing smoothly, I have tried to replicate the fault in manual , auto and sports still the same symptoms irrelevant of what gear or revs it's pulling. Thanks again

Thanks for the reply, I have read previous post and responses. None of them have exactly the same symptoms or definitive answers,last year alone I had egr and cooler and then intake manifold. Dual mass was then diagnosed and replaced so hopefully that's all good,
Dsg has been serviced regularly and is changing smoothly, I have tried to replicate the fault in manual , auto and sports still the same symptoms irrelevant of what gear or revs it's pulling. Thanks again
As you say, it's sounding like a driveshaft or both.
Keep us updated and good luck.

Thanks it's just finding a local garage willing to investigate and diagnose, I'm leaning towards driveshafts but will probably have all the engine and gearbox mounts checked first, as I remember when they completed the dmf it was returned to me with a loose / incorrectly tightened gearbox mount. Will update when I know, is it advised to use genuine driveshafts or is there a recommended aftermarket brand, I know that genuine are @£1300 plus fit and min two week lead time

Back