Welcome new members

Greetings all! New member and campervan virgin here, so delighted to stumble upon this forum - already found some handy advice :)
New Autohaus Ashton 94 arrived just over a month ago, only one outing so far (weather has not been favourable!) so no doubt plenty of stupid questions coming soon ;)

IMG_20240324_160404901_HDR.jpg

Hello from Tipp in Ireland.. Bought a 21 T6.1 and have just started the conversion.. Struggled to find any with low mileage, so a T28 Startline is what I settled on. Easier add fancy bits than remove miles Looking forward to tapping the collective knowledge on here..

bfdda379-a379-4801-982b-70748406abe0.jpeg

Hello from a unusually sunny NE Scotland, just purchased a 2018 T6 T32 Kombi as a base van to slowly convert to a camper, it was quite difficult to find a honest unmolested van to start and with a decent mileage. no doubt there will be some daft and obvious questions asked along the way. Anyway Hello...

Hello from a unusually sunny NE Scotland, just purchased a 2018 T6 T32 Kombi as a base van to slowly convert to a camper, it was quite difficult to find a honest unmolested van to start and with a decent mileage. no doubt there will be some daft and obvious questions asked along the way. Anyway Hello...
Welcome to the forum from a misty, damp corner of Yorkshire. :rolleyes:

No questions are daft or obvious if you don't know the answer - just ask away and someone will be along to help, if only by pointing you in the direction of an existing discussion on the topic.

Any pics of your van? We like van pics here. :)

Nice - any plans?
Yeah going for the swamper look, first off will be looking to get AC fitted, in my quest to get an honest clean van forgot about the AC. Then look to insulating and carpet the rear, pop top and convert to camper.

Yeah going for the swamper look, first off will be looking to get AC fitted, in my quest to get an honest clean van forgot about the AC. Then look to insulating and carpet the rear, pop top and convert to camper.
Doh! Retro fit of AC certainly possible, but not easy/cheap. Use the search function - pretty certain it's been discussed previously. Hopefully you'll find a 'how to' guide.

Have you decided on an internal layout? U-shaped seating is an increasingly popular alternative to the standard side-kitchen.

Wanting kitchen etc. down the side and seats that can slide right forward to get MTB in, when using the van away space for the bike to fit sideways across the van behind the seats, will need to remove wheels but it is all compromise.

Wanting kitchen etc. down the side and seats that can slide right forward to get MTB in, when using the van away space for the bike to fit sideways across the van behind the seats, will need to remove wheels but it is all compromise.
Yes, there's always a compromise somewhere - it's only a small van when all said and done.

I'll look forward to reading about your progress on a build thread. ;)

Back