6 seat leather Kombi swap to any 5 seat Kombi quandry.

BIgben

VIP Member
T6 Pro
So here’s the quandry.
I’ve not long changed my van to my almost perfect settup…
Thing is it has the double up front rather than the single.
Options (I guess) open to me are:
1, buy a single and get it recovered to hopefully match.
2, find a full kombi 5 set in any matching trim and sell on my existing set.
3, find someone who has a 5 set and wants to upgrade to a leather 6 set and likes red.

Looking at option 1, I was roughly quoted around a grand to fit and re cover a single provided by me. So this option is looking closer to £2k and being left with a quality but likely unmatchable and unsaleable double. Hence why I’m looking at the 2 other options.
Any thoughts or experiences welcome…
IMG_9521.jpeg

Last edited:
Why do you want to lose the double? I did the same as SWMBO found it uncomfortable but I then found you can get different side brackets to alter the angle of the backrest to improve comfort.

Just a thought….

Yeah. I’ve thought about that. But you know when someone gets a thought in their head….
She wants to sit in the middle rather than close up against the door, or too close to me. (Can’t blame her)

So I found a basic single seat close to me (for a good-ish price) and now thinking if I can find someone to cannibalise the doubles leather trim and re trim this single?

IMG_9677.jpeg

So I found a basic single seat close to me (for a good-ish price) and now thinking if I can find someone to cannibalise the doubles leather trim and re trim this single?

View attachment 239436
I imagine a good upholsterer will be able to replicate your double easily enough without having to cannibalise it

I imagine a good upholsterer will be able to replicate your double easily enough without having to cannibalise it
That’s what people I spoke to said. Mostly because the panels from the double are actually smaller than a single.
I’m getting a quote from a local small company who seem to have done some good stuff and something similar. (Vdub trim shop)

Back