YourCamper.co.uk Glasgow feedback please

Speedy

Hi, in the market for full converted van and came across yourcamper.co.uk in Glasgow. Lots for sale but unable to find any reviews or feedback online. Anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks in advance

A year and a half late to the party but I hope you avoided them.

I had a Caledonian Coversion done through them, can’t fault the conversion, it’s great BUT the van had issues which all rested with YourCamper, I’ll post a full write up some point soon.

A year and a half late to the party but I hope you avoided them.

I had a Caledonian Coversion done through them, can’t fault the conversion, it’s great BUT the van had issues which all rested with YourCamper, I’ll post a full write up some point soon.
I look forward to seeing your write up. I couldn’t fault the service initially, the issues came with aftercare (once the money had changed hands). As a result I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone, my experience was absolutely awful and I am quick to tell anyone who asks about my van. What a shame, I could have been a great source of good advertisement for them!

Nearly ordered from these guys last year, they advertised a van (pending preparation) and one of their standard conversions. Price initially seemed fair and the videos and pictures I could find online of their conversions looked good so I provisionally paid a deposit. However when the van came into stock I asked for pictures before they started the conversion (due to lockdown restrictions) and I then found out that the aircon, 6 speed and 140bhp they had in the advert were all completely incorrect. It was infact a lower spec van without aircon, 5 speed and 102bhp - when I questioned this I was told that there adverts are copied and sometimes the spec is different and some other very feeble excuses. I wasn't impressed with this and could have easily gone all the way upto Scotland to find this out ! Therefore I cancelled my deposit and went a different route. Would definitely proceed with caution with these guys to make sure you check everything is as it should be.

Okay, review time. The first thing I'd like to clarify is that YourCamper and Caledonian Conversions are two completely separate companies.

At the time of buying my van during Summer 2019, YourCamper was based in Clarkston, Glasgow and were selling vans converted by Caledonian (a well reputed company). Due to not being able to afford a van from Caledonian, and there not being much choice in Scotland, YourCamper seemed like a sensible port of call.

YourCamper had a significant number of converted vans on their forecourt and offered the opportunity to select a base vehicle for conversion. After selecting a used T6 with low miles on the clock I asked for a few signs of wear and tear to be remedied, selected my interior and trim and put down my deposit. I requested a diesel heater be fitted which I later found out was not installed by Caledonian but through a 3rd Party.

A number of months later my van was ready for collection....and here is where the problems began from the first day to a couple of months of use.

• Whilst driving the van home attempted to clear the windscreen and found the screen-wash bottle to be empty. Upon getting home I filled it up, the contents of which poured out onto the driveway due to the screen wash bottle being shattered from where the vehicle had clearly been bumped. Awoke the next morning to take the van back to Glasgow for its washer bottle repair (80 mile round trip) and found the front tyre to be flat due to air having been leaking from the rim. Van taken to Glasgow and given a courtesy car with no fuel in. Van repaired.

• A week later - Diesel heater won't work properly due to air getting into the system. Surely not another return trip?! The van is collected this time, taken away and repaired by the installer.

• Managed to get away in the van during which time the diesel heater still didn't work! I was now sick of this and investigated the problem myself, diagnosed the fault and found the install to be a complete mess (Fuel line not properly secured, loom not shortened or secured, holes drilled for heater leaving sharp edges and not rust proofed and a bloody great big hole cut in the underside). Spoke with the installer in person. Van away for repair.

• Diesel tank leaking from the top where they had installed the diesel heater feed. Found a hole had been cut into the wheel arch liner when they had carried out the repair to the screen wash bottle. Issues with front bumper and rear paintwork where repair work had been carried out (by them or previous owners I will never know). Van back to Glasgow for repair except this time they refused to provide a courtesy car. Repairs carried out and I'm handed a wheel arch to replace myself due to not giving them enough time. Frankly, I was sick of this company and wanted nothing more to do with them. I replaced it myself, happy in the knowledge I would do a better job.
All in all not a nice experience and, looking back, I should have just handed the vehicle back to them and walked away. The constant emails and journeys back and forth were draining and I have been left very unsatisfied by their customer care. It seems YourCamper now convert their own vehicles and have no affiliation to Caledonian, who I can not fault on their conversion which is superb.

Avoid YourCamper.

Thanks for sharing @Frazman

Not a good experience to have and will have taken the shine off what should have been an exciting experience. But this sort of info is really helpful to people who are scoping out someone to buy from, so sharing is really helpful to others on the forum.

Hopefully all issues now resolved and you can begin to enjoy the van

I have a 12 month warranty on my van conversion from www.yourcamper.co.uk , my water pump went last month and I diagnosed and replaced it myself, at my own cost….. that says it all.

A bit late hear and wish I had seen this before I bought one so another warning to everyone

On the way home in November I noticed the Air con was not working, doors popped open and central locking need adjustment after 2 weeks. Fixed most myself like others but they reluctantly paid for the Air Con Gas.
7 months later KWIK fit advised I only had 4 out of 5 wheel studs and Hub damaged but found the missing stud in bag of spares they game me, thread stripped and useless. Denied it was them saying it passed the MOT like that or I was a liar. Nice customer service.
Huge cracked area due to a bad respray showed after a few months the size of a dinner plate and again denied it was them but offered me to pay them £250 to fix it, Later found that this would probably cover all the cost price to do it - basically tried to con me. Claimed never knew it had been re-sprayed but I am sure any second hand back street car dealer would be able to tell quickly. Obvious once I was shown what to look for so they knew.
RAC Warranty - they treat it like an indemnity to avoid fixing things and it is not designed for that only if you break down with a major fault.
RAC also DO NOT inspect the vehicle, Your Camper do it themselves.

Due a Service soon and when booked despite being told the last Service by Your Campers was a full service already been told no way as the filters were original from 40,000 miles ago so another untruth and dreading what they will find based on my experience so far.

August 2023 update. My diesel heater stopped working in the van. The usual dreaded E10 error code. After changing temp sensors and glow plugs I had a look under the van. I was gutted to see the ‘green silicone fuel line’. A quick google search confirmed this is awful and will perish….and it did. The purpose of this post is to advise all that in the process of changing over the fuel line for a more appropriate alternative I can confirm www.yourcamper.co.Uk didn’t even bother fitting the fuel filter when they installed the diesel heater during the conversion! PS every conversion they did around 2020 will have a Chinese diesel heater with the green fuel line. Good luck to all these people. Hopefully they will come across this post before spending too much time trying to diagnose the problem. If you have the green line, it will fail and draw in air resulting in a E10 code.

C1C1C100-3C8C-40BD-AE89-F02981B9D974.jpeg

I’ve been a member here for some time and did eventually buy a camper this summer and I feel I have to bring some balance to this discussion.
I did read reviews of Your Camper on Google and Autotrader which in my opinion give a better sample size.
The guys at your camper were excellent all through the process and even when I had a stuck drawer 6 weeks after collection, nothing seemed to be a problem. Have referred a colleague who has been looking for a while and he’s been happy with his purchase also.

Reactions: CAB
I have been monitoring this for a while well I have been dealing with my case ,here is my story:

I acquired a camper van at the cost of £39,500. Within less than four months and after covering a mere 578 miles, I encountered a couple of issues. Following their advice I took the vehicle to an RAC-approved garage for repairs. While the warranty covered a portion of the expenses, I was still left with a bill of £428. Although a goodwill gesture of £250 was extended, an outstanding repair remained unresolved.
In my pursuit of rectifying the situation, I obtained three repair quotes, all of which were deemed prohibitively expensive by your camper/future vehicle solutions. Their counteroffer consisted of £150 towards the repair, which fell significantly short of the actual cost of £371. Alternatively, they proposed £50 in fuel compensation to facilitate the 350-mile round trip required to return the vehicle to the garage.
Frustrated with the lack of a satisfactory resolution, I decided to independently address the outstanding repair. Subsequently, I took legal action by filing a case in the small claims court, where I ultimately emerged victorious.

£50 for that trip is a bit on the low side, surely you could have asked for £100 which would have more than covered your fuel and is way cheaper than the £371 you were quoted…..

£50 for that trip is a bit on the low side, surely you could have asked for £100 which would have more than covered your fuel and is way cheaper than the £371 you were quoted…..
£100 for fuel does not take into account my time and having to take time off work and travel for 7+ hours in a single day

Back