Yet Another Ignition Feed Question, This Time With Is1 Interface

Salty Spuds

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I’m in the process of swapping my lead acid battery for a Lithium & i need to pick up an ignition feed to trigger the Sterling B2B charger. I have the IS1 interface under the passenger seat, the one with the Purple/Grey/Yellow plugs. There are a couple of pins that look as though they might do the job. Could anyone point me to the best pin to use please?
I’ll also need to buy the corresponding receptacle to fit into whichever pin I use. I’ve seen these mentioned as 0.5m “repair” cables, are these the ones I need or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Any pointers would be appreciated, ta!

I would start checking if pin 9 of the violet plug fits your purpose. Full documentation of the IS1 interface through a link of the posting ---> Electrical interface...What is it for?
View attachment 42638
The attached "repair wire" fits into the violet plug pin A9.
View attachment 42639
Thanks for that, I thought I’d tested A9 today & i’m sure it was only high on cranking & went low once the engine started. I’ll check it again tomorrow.
@Pauly, can you supply the cables?

Reactions: mmi
I can get repair wires and probably have the bare crimp ready to go on a length of cable but they are designed to click into a plastic housing then plug in so not sure how it would work on it’s on ?
It will go onto the pin but there would be nothing to stop it pulling off

I can get repair wires and probably have the bare crimp ready to go on a length of cable but they are designed to click into a plastic housing then plug in so not sure how it would work on it’s on ?
It will go onto the pin but there would be nothing to stop it pulling off
I have both halves of the plug/socket. The interface comes complete ready to populate, so no problem. I’ll do some testing tomorrow and I’ll get back to you.

You're probably right - that's how the original spec of terminal 15a specifies. Confusing part is the remark "Use - terminal 15".

Seems that the only hope is then to check grey plug pin A3 which is designated as pure terminal 15 but has quite confusing remark "Ignition bypass terminal 15 upholding" - I'm struggling what's the meaning of the remark. Also the marking "fuse protection...seat box" is a bit conflicting with wiring diagram.

Also the markings of current draw/supply are a bit confusing as states "-" on current draw side. Was the original idea to keep certain circuits alive from external supply without actually having ignition key turned on :unsure:

However, the wiring diagram states that this pin connects to "B273 positive connection (15), in main wiring harness" which then connects to Ignition/Starter switch. Protected by 25A fuse SD9 - I think it's is in a yellow fuse carrier under dash next to main "fuse field".

Anyways, e.g. repair wire 000 979 243E should fit the plug for the pin.
upload_2019-5-5_8-43-37.png

I'm definitely interested to hear how this works out for you.

EDIT: Link to a document "Terminal Designations" ---> http://www.bosch-classic.com/media/...switches/downloads_3/klemmenbezeichnungen.pdf

Last edited:
Terminal 15 is a reference, manuals often refer to terminal 15 and terminal 30 this means a permanent live or ignition live

You're probably right - that's how the original spec of terminal 15a specifies. Confusing part is the remark "Use - terminal 15".

Seems that the only hope is then to check grey plug pin A3 which is designated as pure terminal 15 but has quite confusing remark "Ignition bypass terminal 15 upholding" - I'm struggling what's the meaning of the remark. Also the marking "fuse protection...seat box" is a bit conflicting with wiring diagram.

Also the markings of current draw/supply are a bit confusing as states "-" on current draw side. Was the original idea to keep certain circuits alive from external supply without actually having ignition key turned on :unsure:

However, the wiring diagram states that this pin connects to "B273 positive connection (15), in main wiring harness" which then connects to Ignition/Starter switch. Protected by 25A fuse SD9 - I think it's is in a yellow fuse carrier under dash next to main "fuse field".

Anyways, e.g. repair wire 000 979 243E should fit the plug for the pin.
View attachment 42686

I'm definitely interested to hear how this works out for you.
Looks like we've cracked it chaps. Pin A3 in the grey plug is 0V with the ignition off & 12v when running. this is the one that's described as " Ignition bypass terminal 15 upholding" whatever that means.
I've tested the following pins & the results are:-

Purple A9 = permanent live
Yellow A4 = only live whilst cranking
Yellow A8 = Only live whilst cranking
Grey A3 = ignition live

@Pauly, the mating contact for pin A3 is given as N.105.118.01, could you supply me with a 0.5m flylead with a crimp on one end please. It's only a signal, so doesn't need to be hefty.

So, if I am understanding this correctly, I could have taken a signal from for the Redarc dc-dc charger from under the drives seat instead of routing cable to the fuse box near the gearstick?

So, if I am understanding this correctly, I could have taken a signal from for the Redarc dc-dc charger from under the drives seat instead of routing cable to the fuse box near the gearstick?
Only if you have the optional IS1 interface.

I cant figure out which crimp terminal this is so only option will be the repair wire which is £8

I cant figure out which crimp terminal this is so only option will be the repair wire which is £8
No problem, how do you want me to pay?
Is it the correct one to fit pin A3? There are different sizes apparently.

That is for the repair wire that uses the terminal number you listed above
From what I could see N.105.118.01 = wire 000979254e
I will speak to parts when ordering to double check it’s correct

That is for the repair wire that uses the terminal number you listed above
From what I could see N.105.118.01 = wire 000979254e
I will speak to parts when ordering to double check it’s correct

Back