Yep, another potential owner

JackJack

Hi all,

Firstly after looking at the info on here clearly you lot know your stuff so I am in safe hands!

I am looking at buying a Ex-demo 2019 T6 2.0 TDI BMT 102 Highline Kombi Van Euro 6 with 15k on it from VW dealer directly for around 26k inc VAT, for a family van for day to day and to help when we go camping. I currently have a 2006 touran and this has enough safe but with roof box and bike rack. So I could just go and get a newer version of this and carry on as I am (much cheaper)

I'd love to go for a transporter if I could (much more expensive), I can see all the good things about it but I am by no means a mechanic and I worry about the 'known' faults. Things I currently know about

- EGR valve/software update (assume this is still an issue for 2019 models?)
- Leaky windows
- Dual mass flywheel

I am going to test drive on Tuesday, the salesmen is very good at is job, spoke to him last week couldn't test drive then as it was booked out as a loaner.

- Should I be worried it's used a loaner and is ex-demo?
- Is there anything I should be asking the dealership specifically around the known faults?
- How can I convince my nervous driver wife that she will be fine driving a much bigger vehicle?

Many thanks in advance!

Back