Yay! I get to do my thermostat

We're very familiar with this concept; We all bough the most expensive panel van, and live with the outstanding quality of the product and exemplary dealer network support. ;) Whilst our poor friends, who skimped and bought Hyundai iLoad and their ilk, laugh all the way to the bank with their reliable thermostats, seven year warranties and rare dealer visits................:unsure::unsure:
I was referring to heaters, my Wallas XC Duo is the best thing on my van by a long shot and I’ll probably use it in my workshop long after the panzer is recycled into washing machines.
The thread took a branch off from thermostats at some point!

I’m guessing this thermostat still uses the wax plug (copper bit) and that’s what failed?
Yes still conventional wax pellet, but the mechanical linkage was to blame being jammed now the van heats up correctly and maintains temperature all whilst the heaters are blasting out hot

Reactions: DXX
I have just done this job on my T5 as I had a smal leak from the housing. I could live with it but as i had to replace the alternator i thought might as well do both…… it is a pig of a job!!! I ended up puting the van into service positive to get access. You need to move the steel hose on the engine as you cant slide it off otherwise. I live in Norway and the VW dealer wanted around 2500 pound to do these two Jobs… time well spent.

Back