Wrestling with the VW Configurator...

Burly Chassis

VIP Member
I don't think I'm the first to have a bit of a grumble about this "online resource". It's slow, and somewhat unpredictable in terms of options that are available/unavailable and (seemingly unrelated) items that get deleted off when you select something else.

Anyhow, specific question: I want to spec a kombi highline with passenger doors both sides, both with sliding windows and power latching. When I try and select what I think describes the above I end up with windows both sides on all panels (ie including loading bay panel) without the sliders.

Two screenshots to show all the windows options I'm seeing:

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 11.23.13.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 11.23.35.png

Can anyone shed any light? If the answer is "You're a Dummy" then that's fine. It's happened before...

You're not a dummy; the website is.
Speak to a good dealer (they do exist) instead and haggle hard. Far more useful.

Thanks for the reply @Polzeylad, not just me then.

The reason I was persisting with the wretched thing was so I could print off a pdf (and get a configuration code) with a definitive spec to show as I shopped around the dealers and other agents. Still would like to achieve that, though I seem to fall into a time-wasting vortex each time I try.

Agree with @Polzeylad the dealers use different software/systems, the configurator often seems to be different and can be slow to update
At the end of the day you can only order what the dealers computer tells you

Back