Roof wrap?

T66RUB

Hi, anyone had there roof wrapped yet? If so how much approx? Been quoted £200 (mates rate I think) for paint. Can't decide between permanent or removable in the future. Thanks.

Hi, anyone had there roof wrapped yet? If so how much approx? Been quoted £200 (mates rate I think) for paint. Can't decide between permanent or removable in the future. Thanks.
I think a commercial rate for a roof wrap would be about £400 (ish), for the very best quality vinyl
I have been thinking about it, been told it should look good for at least 5 years, then dependant upon where you park it (in doors) and exposure to sunlight(uv rays) etc etc it may last longer. Then should easily remove, and be replaced or not.
What colour is your van? Jason @Absolut5 has head his resprayed black on a red van, and it looks good.

Last edited:
I think a commercial rate for a roof wrap would be about £400 (ish), for the very best quality vinyl
I have been thinking about it, been told it should look good for at least 5 years, the dependant upon where you park it (in doors) and exposure to sunlight(uv rays) etc etc it may last longer. Then should easily remove, and be replaced or not.
What colour is your van? Jason @Absolut5 has head his resprayed black on a red van, and it looks good.
Thanks Chris. My T6 is indium grey,T30, 180,DSG. I'm thinking black gloss also, Paint 1-0 up at that price? Van is parked outside all the time too so thanks again for advise.

I have had my roof wrapped black gloss from a local company, I cant remember the correct amount but I was in the region of £320. My thoughts were that further down the line if I wanted a change the vinyl wrap could easily be removed again.

I have had my roof wrapped black gloss from a local company, I cant remember the correct amount but I was in the region of £320. My thoughts were that further down the line if I wanted a change the vinyl wrap could easily be removed again.

Do you have any pics mate?

Mine is being gloss black wrapped next Wednesday 15th at a cost of £450 but it is the LWB

There are cheaper out there but you will get what you pay for

Il post some pics when its done if you like :thumbsup:

Dumb question: do you wrap because of aesthetics or any function? (Not easy to clean the roof!!)

Purely aesthetics for me, white, black roof and all that crap :D

Also other panels are being done with sign writing to blend

Gotta laugh, I pay all that money for Oryx and cover the damn thing up :eek:

New owner will be please though....haha

Purely aesthetic for me also and like @Markey the colour and other panels (bonnet, mirrors etc) was to match the sign writing.

Just looking back through our original quote for the works and the roof came in at £200+vat

Do you have any pics mate?

I dont really have any good pictures in the daylight, can take some later today though when I get home as it should still be daylight!
I have attached one where you can partially see the roof and one in the dark (not the best photo)!

IMG_6480.JPG IMG_6488.JPG

Mine is being gloss black wrapped next Wednesday 15th at a cost of £450 but it is the LWB

There are cheaper out there but you will get what you pay for

Il post some pics when its done if you like :thumbsup:
Thanks. What colour is your van? Look forward to the pics.

Seriously should try to wrap yourself at those prices you can get hold of decent film if you want just a block colour doing I've wrapped most of my cars myself and tinted my windows film is pretty cheap and very easy to apply just gotta keep clean. Vinyl wrappers will say it's really hard but you can learn most of it from YouTube and practicing on wing mirrors and stuff.

What are the chances of finding this thread on a search!

Just put in my order for an Oryx white, I'm most likely wrapping a large portion of it AND I'm from the North East of Scotland lol

The design for my wrap is ongoing, for business purposes, but with the aim of creating a two tone effect as a compromise.

Back