(Bottom) Half-Wrap costs

It’s not massively hard to do, you can buy air release vinyls now which make it lots easier. Have a look on you tube. All depends how handy you are. Buy a couple of metres and have a go at the back doors/tailgate and see how you get on. If you want any advice etc. PM me and I’ll help you out.

I wouldn’t worry about door shuts the factory two tones aren’t even painted that colour in there
I wouldn't have even thought about that from factory but I'm not really surprised. My biggest concern with wrapping was that the edge might be more prone to peeling if it was more exposed. I suppose I could use the silver as an accent or something!

OP let us know how you get on as it's something I might still look at when I've done everything else!

You have a couple of choices, you can cover the whole side of the van including the doors, then carefully cut round the edge of the door shuts. The little bit of excess material you have you would fold over and stick on the inside of the door. Alternatively you could wrap inside the door shuts and then cover the door with a completely different piece of material. I’m sure there are people on here that have wrapped more vehicles than me and will tell you a different method. But I have done both of the above and both of them look good.

By the way, is it possible to wrap black non-painted bumpers ?

If the surface is grained and not smooth the wrap won’t stick to it - so a primed or painted (or non grained) surface is the only thing you can wrap and get a good clean surface that will last.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I've had a a couple of quotes for half wraps that I considered to be competitive, all between £500-600.

I'm told the colour I want is in short supply in gloss right now, I really need to get some samples but how does Gloss, Satin and Matt all compare in appearance?

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I've had a a couple of quotes for half wraps that I considered to be competitive, all between £500-600.

I'm told the colour I want is in short supply in gloss right now, I really need to get some samples but how does Gloss, Satin and Matt all compare in appearance?
If you let me know what colour you are after I can photograph some of our swatches outside if that helps?

£500-£600, Is that +vat? sounds quite low. Do you know what brand of vinyl they will be using?

They are right though alot of wrap vinyl is in short supply at the momment due to issues in distribution and shipping. Certain brands are effected alot more than others.

If you let me know what colour you are after I can photograph some of our swatches outside if that helps?

£500-£600, Is that +vat? sounds quite low. Do you know what brand of vinyl they will be using?

They are right though alot of wrap vinyl is in short supply at the momment due to issues in distribution and shipping. Certain brands are effected alot more than others.
Hi @ZEST, I've just checked the quote, it doesn't say actually say but an earlier quote which was excluding the roof was inc VAT.

They've quoted Avery Dennison Gloss Metallic Grey, I'm trying to match Iridium grey as close as possible.

Hi @ZEST, I've just checked the quote, it doesn't say actually say but an earlier quote which was excluding the roof was inc VAT.

They've quoted Avery Dennison Gloss Metallic Grey, I'm trying to match Iridium grey as close as possible.

A partial wrap (lower half only) needs about 15m of 1520mm vinyl. Avery Supreme retails at around £30-33+vat Per meter on standard metallics, that's £500-600 material cost inc vat.
Avery have also temporarily pulled around 90 colours from their swatch because of the issues they are facing.

Attached is from the Oracal 970 wrap range. IMO they have the best options when colour matching silver.

IMG_E0148[1].JPG

IMG_E0149[1].JPG

IMG_E0150[1].JPG

IMG_E0151[1].JPG

A partial wrap (lower half only) needs about 15m of 1520mm vinyl. Avery Supreme retails at around £30-33+vat Per meter on standard metallics, that's £500-600 material cost inc vat.
Avery have also temporarily pulled around 90 colours from their swatch because of the issues they are facing.

Attached is from the Oracal 970 wrap range. IMO they have the best options when colour matching silver.

View attachment 146029

View attachment 146030

View attachment 146031

View attachment 146032
bottom two are Matte/Satin finish

bottom two are Matte/Satin finish
Thanks @ZEST, the gloss 970-935 and 970-932 are looking good. Thanks for your help with the figures too.

Being an estimator for another industry I’d say he’s forgotten to add in his labour

I was considering doing my own, and came up with the same figures for material (3M gloss Atomic Teal). Can’t see how they priced the hours in for that.

Back