World wide satnav?

Mishman

Hello,
We want to buy a Satnav for our camper van where we can enter domensions. We also want the coverage to include (for example) Georgia (in Europe), Algeria, Azerbaijan and Ukraine. Any reccomendations?

Thank you.

There are some companies that do satnavs specifically for motohomes and I think TomTom and Garmin also sell some higher end ones that cater for motorhome dimensions as well as additional maps for almost anywhere in the world. BUT the sort of detailed mapping data required is probably not going to be available for the countries that you mention.

I bought a cheap £30 one off ebay 5+ years ago. 5" flat screen. Battery was garbage so had to be plugged in all the time, but the coverage was amazing. Free download of any map in the world. Just had to have them on multiple Sd cards.
I was told it was a 'truckers' sat nav.

Something like this, but i didn't check what other maps you can get.

Since the rise of digital mapping, I've driven in some pretty obscure places and finding maps has never been an issue. However, finding maps that go down to the sort of detail required to tell you, for example, that the road condition is suitable for a motorhomes another thing entirely

My partner is from Azerbaijan and visits Georgia and Ukraine on a regular basis.
Azerbaijan and Ukraine Google Maps.
Georgia - offline app called Mapsme.

Back