Wooden floor Caravelle/Multivan

Vanzilla

Anyone tried replicating the wood look floor from the various special editions in their Caravelle/ Multivan?
I love the look and the cleanabilty is attractive vs carpet.
I’m thinking the best option is to buy a floor from breakers yard, remove carpet layer and replace with altro or vinyl tiles with similar pattern before swapping out with my existing (mint) carpeted floor. That way if it all goes wrong/ looks crap I’ve not wrecked the existing floor!
Pic for what I’m trying to achieve:
A3C460AD-E817-4509-919A-83EBA862C8D4.png

Those look great. Do you know if that ends up being same thickness/height as the Caravelle floor?
I have the Aussie Multivan (Caravelle) so I need the floor to fit under the existing interior trim panels...

Those look great. Do you know if that ends up being same thickness/height as the Caravelle floor?
I have the Aussie Multivan (Caravelle) so I need the floor to fit under the existing interior trim panels...
To make the floor level with the Cali / Caravelle rails and steps,
I stuck the Karndean down on to 12mm ply which sits on top of a Kombi rubber floor mat.
Yes.

Does anyone know if the OEM Caravelle floor with carpet removed and Altro stuck down would work? My thoughts are the carpet is thicker than a vinyl layer.

Also how are the aluminium Caravelle rails removed? Thanks.

Thanks Ads_Essex, and sorry I wasn’t being a dumbass btw after you’d already stated that about height, it’s just that mine is multivan so I don’t have the kombi rubber floor to sit new one on.
I’ll take some measurements when I get the donor floor and check from there.

Does anyone know if the OEM Caravelle floor with carpet removed and Altro stuck down would work? My thoughts are the carpet is thicker than a vinyl layer.

Also how are the aluminium Caravelle rails removed? Thanks.
Looking at mine it looks like carpet layer is actually similar to altro thickness, possibly 2-3mm. But it seems so well bonded to the floor that it may damage both trying to remove carpet. That’s my concern.
I understand the aluminium rail tops are straightforward to remove once the end caps are unbolted.

Looking at mine it looks like carpet layer is actually similar to altro thickness, possibly 2-3mm. But it seems so well bonded to the floor that it may damage both trying to remove carpet. That’s my concern.
I understand the aluminium rail tops are straightforward to remove once the end caps are unbolted.
I thought that would be a concern as well.
I can get the short rails out easily but not the longer ones.

I’m in the process of doing this..so I have removed the floor panel and got the old carpet off..new vinyl glued and fitted to the existing board and nearly ready to go back in. But whilst all the trims are out I’m putting in more sound deadening and Insulation and running some extra cables for leisure battery etc..I have a 2017 Caravelle..I had concerns about it being a mare of a job but so far so good..:)

Nice work, be great to see a shot with seats back too.
Any chance of a ‘how I did it’ thread? Especially regards removal of panels and floor.
I’m still trying to source a donor floor....
Yep I’ve got some step by step pics so will post them when I have sorted them..here are the pics of it back together with the seats in. Really happy with it makes such a big difference not having to worry about mud and sand E2449166-C61E-454F-A4E1-D763C67ABB01.jpegE15A176E-5F16-483C-8AFA-A70B6F723086.jpeg1128B80F-6632-4C9A-BAF4-787DBCF166C5.jpeg50231814-306B-4923-93AE-3695602D9DFA.jpeg

Bumping this. Was anyone able to find a close match to the vinyl in the opening post?

VW-Multivan-Black-Edition-6-1024x615.jpg

Back