Won’t start [Resolved]

Yes, all looks good. I’m about to check the timing as vcds has thrown a figure that’s worth investigating.

The peculiar bit from the downloads, as pointed out by @mmi & @Dellmassive is that the ECU is not firing the injectors. The opening times are 0 degrees. It's not a injector side of the ECU issue, otherwise we'd see injector durations in the logs. Fuel pressure is OK, RPM is OK, showing 190 RPM on the starter, so the crank sensor is OK. it has to be looking like cam timing or cam sensor now surely?

catfood12 I agree. Cam timing check tomorrow. I’m putting off doing it but needs must. On holiday atm so good timing in a way. But I would rather be sunbathing.
I’ll keep you all posted.

Reactions: mmi
Problem solved for the smell and non-start. Thanks to everyone who helped with their comments. It was due to camshaft timing.
Smell was timing belt rubber and timing thrown out by water pump pulley failure.
was a new Gates pump 4K ago.
Let’s hope there wasn’t any valve contact.

91A2D1AA-1526-4629-B2A8-268F52A03D36.jpeg

98E65DAF-95E8-4E49-BF61-BA60F66667A1.jpeg

9A64D608-1E1F-49BA-8814-56DAACCC171C.jpeg

oh no..

The belt is under most tension when you try to start the engine, so it's likely to of failed when trying to start the engine. Lets hope it snapped in a position at slow speed where the valves don't touch the piston.
Good luck with the fix.

Dxx
Pump not seized, just the drive pulley broke away.
Littlebackflash
Belt didn’t break/fail

It’ll be interesting to here what Gates have to say about that.
I was considering a Gates kit when I do mine.

It’ll be interesting to here what Gates have to say about that.
I was considering a Gates kit when I do mine.

Same here but the genuine VW version isn't much more expensive and with it being critical I think I'm going down that route, even more so now.

Some brilliant diagnostics in this thread and hope you are up and running after fitting the new kit @Van Buddy.

Hooray
All fixed and running smooth
Congratulations!
For future reference could you please do again an engine blockmap now and then another after 500-1000 miles.
In addition to engine maps I would appreciate a blockmap of controller 22 (AWD-4Motion) please.

Congratulations!
For future reference could you please do again an engine blockmap now and then another after 500-1000 miles.
In addition to engine maps I would appreciate a blockmap of controller 22 (AWD-4Motion) please.
Of course, after all your help.

Back