Wiring shuttle lights and 12v sockets to leisure battery

Jonnydub

VIP Member
Hi all, on the road down converting my shuttle to day van and was looking for some lighting advice. Was thinking about running my rear lights and sockets off the leisure battery (under the drivers with diesel heater) and replacing the bulbs to LEDs.

With there being so many lights and sockets already to me it doesn’t make sense to add more or replace them, but maybe there’s something I’m overlooking?

Van mainly used for sleeping the 2 adults and 2 kids and awning for living areas/cooking. Van-king shuttle bed in the back and Cabbunk bunks for the kids in the cab.

Any advice would be great

Hi mate, I’m looking at going down the shuttle route rather than a panel van... what have you done regarding blinds/curtains for the rear windows... is there anything on the market for a factory fit shuttle?

I’m still trying to decide what to do. There are a couple of options, but was thinking of making my own out of camping mat foam and silver foil insulation for a snug fit to stop condensation.

Was tempted by these for ease Thermal Blinds For Volkswagen T6 2016-2020 LWB Tailgate Rain-sensor

These looked like a decent use of space for the back windows but pricey and don’t fit lwb windows as far as I know, might be worth considering if swb.

Vanshades too pricey for the number of windows in a shuttle IMO.

Hi all, on the road down converting my shuttle to day van and was looking for some lighting advice. Was thinking about running my rear lights and sockets off the leisure battery (under the drivers with diesel heater) and replacing the bulbs to LEDs.

With there being so many lights and sockets already to me it doesn’t make sense to add more or replace them, but maybe there’s something I’m overlooking?

Van mainly used for sleeping the 2 adults and 2 kids and awning for living areas/cooking. Van-king shuttle bed in the back and Cabbunk bunks for the kids in the cab.

Any advice would be great
I did this, really happy with it and I don’t have any additional light fittings in the roof:

Van-x curtains are supposed to be good, that's what I am thinking of having in my lwb shuttle ;)

That looks ace, love the dimmer on the b-pillar too

Thanks, next week I’m moving the C and D pillar 12v sockets to the fuse box supplied by my leisure battery. On my Caravelle I think they are connected under the passenger seat. There are 3 X 15 amp fuses under there and hoping they are the 12V sockets.

Like you I’m trying to reuse what’s already there, mainly because it’s such a pain to remove the interior trim in a Caravelle and risky breaking clips etc.

Will post some pictures if all goes well.

@Jonnydub Finally got round to moving the C and D Pillar 12V Sockets from the Van battery supply to the leisure battery.

under the Passenger seat of my Caravelle, the top 2 15amp fuses were supplying the sockets

F74C8FF8-E015-4F57-B39E-A12149F20CCE.jpeg

I moved them to my new fuse box fitted under the passenger seat, I did need to extend the cables a little.

F197AD74-4B8A-4FD0-8837-317238EE51E1.jpeg

E7A95F31-C0FF-40B8-9A9E-F4586D3F289C.jpeg

Back