Wiring off factory fitted secondary battery... HELP

John Patterson

Can anyone help please. I have searched the forum/YouTube videos but can't see any threads that answer this directly.

What is included in the secondary battery option and how to you begin to wire off it?

Theres obviously lots of videos about how to set this up from scratch but nothing on how to use the factory fitted extra.

I have the factory fitted secondary battery under the passenger seat.
What is the next step to be in a position to wire from it. Is it ready to go or do we need to buy extra components? There's nothing in the VW manual about the secondary battery and I'd just like to know what we have to work with and what we need to do next

We'd like to install the usual... Few USB and a couple of plugs for small appliances.

Thanks so much to anyone taking the time to help.

John

Screenshot_20210410-171906_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20210410-171857_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20210410-171838_Messenger.jpg

Last edited:
The small fuse box with the yellow fuse in the picture above has a positive bar on one side. You just need to add a fuse terminal on the other side and add a fuse for your new circuit.

Thank you so much... Its starting to make sense now. Any more tips welcome but you have really pointed me in the right direction and settled the uncertainty I was having.

Would like to think this would be my last question but I doubt it very much... When you say add a fuse terminal, if I'm looking wiring in a few things should I use a blade fuse box and run that from the terminal?
Or should the order be

Fuse box with yellow fuse ----> fusebox terminal------> blade fuse box?

Thanks again

Would like to think this would be my last question but I doubt it very much... When you say add a fuse terminal, if I'm looking wiring in a few things should I use a blade fuse box and run that from the terminal?
Or should the order be

Fuse box with yellow fuse ----> fusebox terminal------> blade fuse box?

Thanks again
You don’t need to add another blade fuse box, there is nothing wrong with the one that already has the yellow fuse in it. Just connect each new circuit you want to make with a terminal. The new terminal clicks in to the f use box on the opposite side to the +ve bar that’s already in. Complete the circuit with a new fuse.

Hi - I have exactly the same setup as John Patterson. There are more fuses in the same holder but still enough spare slots for me. But a silly question - how do I remove it or access the back to fit the fuse connector terminals. I have just stuffed my head under the front seat and waggled various clips but I can't see anything obvious that will release it. Thanks.

Back