Winter tyres - 102H Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 suitability

skoti

Winter tyres and wheels included in the purchase of my new T6.1 just arrived from the main stealer by courier.

It's incredible that they managed to fit car spec tyres instead of van tyres to the steel wheel rims they sent to me.
My question is are 215/65R16 102H Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 suitable for a T6.1 ?

The original tyres are 215/65R16 C 106/104T LT

1645870574253.png

1645870481587.png

Winter tyres and wheels included in the purchase of my new T6.1 just arrived from the main stealer by courier.

It's incredible that they managed to fit car spec tyres instead of van tyres to the steel wheel rims they sent to me.
My question is are 215/65R16 102H Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 suitable for a T6.1 ?

The original tyres are 215/65R16 C 106/104T LT

View attachment 147117

View attachment 147116
Load rating of 102 is ok for T30 and below.

Thanks for your advice.

But Just discovered that unfortunately across here in Europe the registration document specifies which tyres the vehicle is legally permitted to be fitted with.

See photo below:-

1645875780154.png

I’d expect you will be obliged to conform to local legislation then and have the dealer replace the tyres

Thanks for your advice.

But Just discovered that unfortunately across here in Europe the registration document specifies which tyres the vehicle is legally permitted to be fitted with.

See photo below:-

View attachment 147129
I cant see anything that has a load rating of 102. It looks like they are all 103 and above. I wonder if your van is a T32?
I’d expect you will be obliged to conform to local legislation then and have the dealer replace the tyres
I agree.

The van is a T28, you can see the photos of the tyres in question in the above previous post.
Further investigation has revealed that incorrect tyres void the insurance and won't pass an MOT.

Anyhow the Stealership says they can't get anymore Michelin winter van tyres this season and have offered me Barum van tyres, about £30 a tyre cheaper than Michelins.

I asked for the difference to be refunded, but they won't do it because they say the winter tyres and wheels were a 'gift' with the new vehicle.

The concept of customer care seems somewhat alien across here in central Europe....

1645878812112.png

The van is a T28, you can see the photos of the tyres in question in the above previous post.
Further investigation has revealed that incorrect tyres void the insurance and won't pass an MOT.

Anyhow the Stealership says they can't get anymore Michelin winter van tyres this season and have offered me Barum van tyres, about £30 a tyre cheaper than Michelins.

I asked for the difference to be refunded, but they won't do it because they say the winter tyres and wheels were a 'gift' with the new vehicle.

The concept of customer care seems somewhat alien across here in central Europe....

View attachment 147130
I think possibly they have been taking customer care lessons from VW UK.

If it is anything like Germany, you should be able to get additional models of tyre added to your paperwork by proving that they are so approved (TÜV certified in Germany). This can be found on the tyre manufacturers website in most cases, but I did manage to get tyres added to my grey-import Honda bike just by providing a copy of someone else’s paperwork with those tyres already added!

Thanks for the feed back, unfortunately over here it is only permitted to fit the tyres and wheels that are specified on the registration document by the vehicle manufacturer,

There's a list of options on the bottom of the reg doc:-

1646121564747.png

Back