Sjwales

Hi Guys I'm new here so hello !!

Purchased a new T6 Highline kombi 2 weeks ago but some numpty has taken my wing O/S mirror off . The mirror itself, cover, glass etc is perfect no marks but the metal mount has sheared clean off .
Been told the door card has to come off . Easy enough of a job or one for the dealer ?

Cheers Sj

If your confident taking things apart its not too bad, there are three bolts on the inside of the door holding the mirror on which you can access without removing the door card but the wiring coming from the mirror disappears inside the door so you need to remove the door card to unplug it.
Depending on the model of van (and stereo) you have your mirror will also contain some aerial/tuner components ie GPS/DAB/FM etc if your mirror has been hit hard enough to break then there may be damage to those or the wiring, the mirror unit itself is quite difficult to get apart to look at these components a dealer may know best here but they will i assume just want to replace the whole thing with a new complete unit and thats not going to be cheap, may have to consider an insurance job

Alright Men, Have any of you removed your wing mirror(s)..? Gutted I caught mine on my gate and it's cracked, not the cap the actual body..!!? Anyone know how to remove and split the the unit..? Thanks from a very annoyed T6 owner....

Hi Brett, Please see attached.
Also, please consider becoming a VIP as downloads are normally restricted to VIP members only. ;)

Attachments

• General_body_repairs__Wing_mirror_trim.pdf
    252.9 KB · Views: 584
  • General_body_repairs__wing mirror cover.pdf
    204.7 KB · Views: 414
Thank you Loz, do I need adobe or similar to see the files as they are just coming up as gobbledygook...??! How do I become a VIP member..? Much appreciated

Thank you Loz, do I need adobe or similar to see the files as they are just coming up as gobbledygook...??! How do I become a VIP member..? Much appreciated
Should be viewable, but maybe you don't have that particular font?

What was the outcome SJ. Exact same thing has happened me today. Big job to rehang the wing mirror, everything if fine bar the bracket

Same happened to me 2 weeks ago. Dealer wanted £150 for new complete unit. 5 mins later I was on eBay and a new alloy bracket was heading my way for £10 and a new mirror for £12.I was lucky only the bracket and mirror broke, the rest was fine.

Hi Guys,

Anybody had to fix/replace a snapped off wing mirror? I'm sick as a dog every time I look at my van today with tape holding it on. Any help would be appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was snapped off while parked up by Chelsea Tractor driver a few months back. If I hadn't been walking back to the van and chased her down the street she would have just driven off. Her husband coughed up for my dealer to replace it. They re used the mirror glass and mirror cap but it was still around £180 + vat to repair, I think the parts were around £120 + vat.

Do you know what parts you need ?
I have an exploded view diagram of the mirror if you want it
Every part is available separately but the metal guts form the largest part and include most of the fixings/clips etc and is the most expensive by far
Give me a shout if you want anything sourced or I can send you the part numbers if required

Do you know what parts you need ?
I have an exploded view diagram of the mirror if you want it
Every part is available separately but the metal guts form the largest part and include most of the fixings/clips etc and is the most expensive by far
Give me a shout if you want anything sourced or I can send you the part numbers if required
Your a star. Thank you

Back