LT2019

T6 Pro
I hate the matt finish (looks sh*te) on the plastic where the wing mirrors attach to the T6.
Unable to source a gloss aftermarket replacement, so guess it’s a remove & spray job?
If so how do you remove these peeps?

I hate the matt finish (looks sh*te) on the plastic where the wing mirrors attach to the T6.
Unable to source a gloss aftermarket replacement, so guess it’s a remove & spray job?
If so how do you remove these peeps?

I did all the bare plastics on mine, including the full mirrors.
Removing the mirrors is a case of removing the interior door cards to get to the plugs, and then the screws that hold the mirrors on.

The hard part is stripping down the actual mirrors. They are not an easy thing to break down.

stripping down the mirror was a night mare once it's off, but is very satisfying when its sprayed. I like many others have glossed all my dull plastics from grill to indicators, scuttle panel and engine covers

It’s this plastic I want gloss?

I’ve got carbon mirror covers on so not fussed about the actual mirrors now. Guessing you have to remove the damn mirrors to get to this though?

CAF97EF1-503F-47A4-9E02-69687FC4A8EE.jpeg

The lower smaller piece pops off. The top peice is part of the mirror body

I can't really comment on that, not having any spraying experience, I suppose its doable but the lad that did mine wanted everything stripped down so he could prep them to get all the polishing residue off
Also I had my indicator surrounds done as well.

Once you start its never ending;)

Last edited:
I think Caravelle’s come with gloss black bits there, so you may be able to order the parts or find second hand bits and replace yours.

I think Caravelle’s come with gloss black bits there, so you may be able to order the parts or find second hand bits and replace yours.
Oh That could be worth knowing especially if I damage one :thumbsup:

@Tourershine yup those are on the list! Esp as I think I have fooked up the matt grilles with AG extra gloss protection! Got whites mark on now, that I’m not sure will come out!

Scuttle panel?o_O

Hi
I wanted to get my wing mirror plastics painted black.
I’ve read on here it’s a bit of a pain to remove the plastic that attaches to the body from the wing mirror itself. So if I do remove the wing mirrors to be painted I will be without the van for a few days.

So
1. With the Caravelle gloss black ones can you buy just the plastic part rather than the whole mirror and anyone know a cost?
2. Is t5 mirror plastic part the same. as can get these mirrors quite cheap compared to t6 so could gloss black these then swop over when done.

Cheers Ben

Hi. Thanks. I don’t mean the upper and lower covers I mean the part that sits against the window. Sorry.

This partC52373DA-5C3F-4295-99E8-336B7B7C9C63.jpeg

Back